PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I think im screwed

bdavies11
08-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Ok im having problems with my 780mp. Its got terrible noise coming through the tweeters. I've tried grounding the RCA's to the metal frame of the H/U but still no luck. It didnt even help a little bit. Is there anything else i can do or am i totally screwed?

btlking
08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
try regroudning the whole hu

nosaj070
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Reground the HU to something substantial, it might take a decent wire run. Reground the amp, Profiles are fine amps but they have a tendency to pick up ground loops pretty easily.

bdavies11
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
What do u mean regrounding? Do you mean grounding the HU to another location? Because thats what i did. The previous ground was using the factory ground wire which i quickly learned you shouldnt do that with this H/U. So i regrounded it to the metal frame of the H/U and also grounded the RCA's to the metal frame in the same location.

Goindef154
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
you should ground the headunit to a metal spot on the car, like the chassis or something and make sure you scrape paint on the surface away.

bdavies11
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
you should ground the headunit to a metal spot on the car, like the chassis or something and make sure you scrape paint on the surface away.

Ok, well i wont have the time to do that until probably this weekend. But i certainly will give it a try. This still makes me very upset. Im still worried there maybe something internally wrong that i cannot fix. :crying: