PDA

View Full Version : Rainbows CMX 265 Kicks

kkpsiguy
08-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey all--
I'm looking for a set of components. What I have found so far is the Raindbow CMX 265 Kick. I looked at the website that is on the opening page before you come into the forums, and I emailed them last nite. What I told them is that I listen a lot of Christian rock and rap, but I also enjoy others like The Carpenters, Beach Boys, other contemporary and also I love bass tracks. I want a set that would fill in the mid-bass and that also I can kill the sub or turn it down when I want to listen to something soft. I want them to sound warm and vibrant, and full of detail. They said that what I had picked out would be a good choice. What I would like to know from ya'll, are they a good choice?? I have heard people on here say nothing but good things, but I also have never heard them by my own ear. If you know of anything better, please do tell. I wasnt wanting to spend more then $400 on these.

3.5Max6spd
08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Nice choice of comps. For SQ, loudness, tight midbass punch, top end shimmer and extension....Great tweets off axis as well.

RidgelineNate
08-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Guess I'll chime in. I listen to some of the same music, as well as other stuff, but I have the 265 CMXs (non-kicks_ and they are great. Best sounding speakers I've ever owned and for the price, I don't see how you could get better sound.

I would imagine the kicks would give you a bit more midbass and that would just make it that much better.

DejaWiz
08-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Not more than $400 on the CMX 265 Kicks... hehe. If you haven't already, you really need to PM 3.5Max6spd, 6spdcoupe, and PremierAudio for what they charge. :naughty:

tmoney
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
get'em. they sound great. i have a pair and i love them.

W8 a minute
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
If they were both crossed over at 80hz would you be able to tell the difference between the kicks and the regular version?

DejaWiz
08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, rainbow claims 1.5x the midbass for the Kick version.

bk12321
08-01-2007, 08:31 PM

x2

they are more expensive for a reason i'm sure

NYR36
08-01-2007, 08:34 PM
You listen to Christian rock and rap?!?!?!?!?:wow: :eyebrow: :wow: :eyebrow:
Pretty f'd up if you ask me. Ditch the rap. I don't think god approves.

kkpsiguy
08-02-2007, 01:44 AM
You listen to Christian rock and rap?!?!?!?!?:wow: :eyebrow: :wow: :eyebrow:
Pretty f'd up if you ask me. Ditch the rap. I don't think god approves.

Its called christian rap. Look up Lil iROCC and The Ambassador, Toby Mac, KJ-52...there are many others as well. That is what I listen to. I have a very ecletic collection that I listen to. My Taste varies from Beethover and Chopin to the Beach Boys and The Carpenters, Louis Armstrong to Aretha Franklin and so on and those bass tracks...so I guess Techno music as well. I enjoy all types of music and I want to enjoy it as much as I can.

W8 a minute
08-02-2007, 11:50 AM

I know that...but WTF does 50% more mean? How did they measure it?

Thats like saying "Our beer tastes 50% better than other beers" :eyebrow:

3.5Max6spd
08-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I know that...but WTF does 50% more mean? How did they measure it?

Thats like saying "Our beer tastes 50% better than other beers" :eyebrow:

Its designed to give 2-3db more robust output in the 80-220hz region in ANY sized door it will configure a QTC of 0.7(ideal IB alignment) in whatever volume.
Its a purpose driver.

I'm sure anyone can measure it with an RTA, some people have to cut their output some or they create resonance. They pound.