PDA

View Full Version : 6x9 to 6.5 suggestions..

headshothills
07-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Guys,

I have an 05 Dodge Ram QC, will be replacing the all 4 speakers in the doors. I have read quite a bit about leaving the rear speakers setup in a coaxial state, and seperating the front door speakers as components either on the pillar or above the speaker.

I will be replacing all 4 speakers with the Memphis 15-MSYNC6.5 speakers, which allows for either a component setup or Coaxial setup. They will be powered by a memphis 16-MCA300.4. The stock front door speakers are 6x9. I have read where they have those plastic/abs mounting plates that transition a 6x9 hole into a 5.25 or 6.5 speaker, but I have also read not to use those, and to either use MDF or Birch to make the adapter plate. Does anyone sell the "Non-Plastic" version of this adapter plate, or am I just being too @n@l about it. I do plan on coating the door with Dynomat or something, what would be my best bet. I saw a post about a guy with a Tacoma and they were suggesting 3 layers of that stuff on the door..:eek:

For the Subs, I have 2 Memphis M310D4 powered by a 16-MCD1000 in a custom Fiberglass box under the back seat..

Thanks

Chris