PDA

View Full Version : where to change sensitivity on alarm?

monkeyman
07-30-2007, 02:00 AM
i recently purchased a used honda accord sedan 4dr 97" and it came with keyless entry alarm but this cars alarm is extremely annoying the sensitivity is rediculously girlish i cant even spray the car with the water hose when im washing it becuase it will start to do that beeping sound like when u hit cars and the alarm doesnt go off but it beeps a bit and i was wondering if you guys had any idea what so ever where i would be able to turn the sensitivity down so that it doesnt activate when breeze hits it lol please if you have any info let me in on it i would really appreciate it.

SRim23
07-30-2007, 02:04 AM
is it the stock alarm or aftermarket. if its stock look in the owners manual and it should tell you. if it is aftermarket it depends on what alarm you have, where the brain is installed, etc.

CRAZYCORNUTS18
07-30-2007, 02:09 AM
its on the flux capacitor

monkeyman
07-30-2007, 02:45 AM
since i bought this car from a private seller it didnt come with nothing not even gas lol so yeah i have no manual and the alarm is after market. where is the flux capacitor located?

Ferendon
07-30-2007, 04:09 AM
LOL @ "where is the flux capacitor"...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

A factory alarm wouldn't have a shock sensor, especially on a Honda. It depends on what type of alarm it is, as to how you turn it down. Take a peak under the dash and see if you can locate the brain. If you can, post of the model number and what not. Some even have off-board shock sensors, meaning that it's a separate piece. Alot of those have a knob or slider on them, that will allow you to turn down the sensitivity.

twisztdauthorit
07-30-2007, 04:11 AM
yeah common place is under the steering wheel compartment

Ferendon
07-30-2007, 04:17 AM
There's a compartment in the steering wheel? The shock sensor is often strapped to a sheeted part of the steering COLUMN, but it also commonly strapped to an under-dash harness or bracket.

monkeyman
07-30-2007, 06:03 AM
ok thank you i will check it out and see if i can find any of the things you said

Shyne151
07-30-2007, 03:21 PM
A factory alarm wouldn't have a shock sensor.

Bull ****... Grand Prix, Impala, Camaro, newer mustangs... just to name a few that have them.

Mustang01
08-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Yea most of the new cars with factory alarms have shock sensors.

regal8r
08-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Bull ****... Grand Prix, Impala, Camaro, newer mustangs... just to name a few that have them.

x2...buddies 00 grand prix will go off if your pound on the roof lol