PDA

View Full Version : Which Comps will suit me

uzy
07-29-2007, 07:37 AM
im very very confused as to which set of speakers to buy i have a few in mind but im unsure as to which will give the best SQ and loudness with my set up, since my new sub has overpowered the sound from the front door components i need a new set of speakers.

what i have in mind are: Rainbow CMX 465
Boston acoustics Z6
Focal K2P's
CDT ES-620 Eurosport

These are the speakers that come to my mind but since i havent heard any of them and i wont be able to hear them i realy need some help.

i have 250rms to give each side from a pheonix gold amp and they are going into a golf mk4 in the standard locations which is mids in the bottom of the door and the tweeter at the bottom of the A piller behind the wing mirror attachment.

genxx
07-29-2007, 07:52 AM
The Boston Z6 or Rainbow CMX would be my pick. Not on your list but my top pick would be the Rainbow Powerline CS. The Eurosports are not going to have the ability to get nearly as loud like the Boston or Rainbow Powerline. The standard Eurosports are not going sound good pushing them that hard to try and get them loud either. I can tell you the older ES-620 set will not even come close.IMO

I am a CDT fan to. I have ran rainbows and there are one of my Favs. Generally not a Boston fan but gotta say the Z line and SPZ line are impressive. I cannot comment on the Focals but I am sure someone will chim in.

For CDT you would have to do something like HDM6/HDM6+ with DRT-26(HD62/M6i) or ES-06/ES-06+ with DRT-26.IMO

That Rainbow CS driver is a monster and Cal27 is awsome and I still do not think the DRT-26 is going to be anywhere close in output. I have not heard the HD-2 or ES-02 to compare them. For drivers the HD or ES I listed I think will keep up in the mid.IMO

tbasile1
07-29-2007, 11:04 AM
You really cannot go wrong with any of those comp sets lol, theyre all very very good!!

Can you listen to any?? because all of these comps are great, but at this point its up to personal preference, OR, which ever one is cheaper :greedy:

Ive only heard the Focals, even with a metal tweeter, the sound was so mellow and smooth to me, got very loud, crisp and crystal clear sound with awesome midbass!! They blew me away and were phenominal speakers, and unfortunately they were only receiveing about 50x2 from an Audison amp, I couldnt imagine how they would sound with more power!!

uzy
07-29-2007, 05:40 PM
thanks for the advice would anyone know if all the speakers listed would be comfortable with 250rms has anyone heard the Pheonix gold ti elites as i may be able to buy that set for a good price

Hoodlum007
07-29-2007, 09:26 PM
250 watts rms power is a lot of power to send a comp, i know the Ti Elites can take up to 300 watts rms though.

All the comps listed are great speakers but if you want that kind of power handling i would go with the Ti Elites.

genxx
07-30-2007, 04:34 AM
The PG Ti is basically a morel set. Mixed reviews on them though from what I have read. Supposed to be some good comps and they can be had cheap right now. Although the reviews on the PG Rsd are very good also and can be had for less than 100 bucks.

Lots of choices out there. I would add Dynaudio to the list to check out also. What is your budget? From what you listed seems anywhere from 300-800.

DejaWiz
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
With that kind of power I would certainly take a really close look at the CMX set.

uzy
07-30-2007, 05:53 PM
well im leaning towards buying the Boston Z6's which seem to have good reviews and will take alot of power. are any of the components in my choices well worth the money and do they have good SQ???

lyttleviet
07-31-2007, 04:10 AM
PG Ti gets my vote @ 299 shipped.

uzy
07-31-2007, 06:26 PM
hmmm now im confused still im thinking of either the rainbow CMX 465 or the boston Z6's which are better for overall precise sound and good SQ

Hoodlum007
08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
the way i look at it is get the TI Elites and if you do not like them turn around and put them ebay and get back what you paid for them and try something else. But most likely you should love them, they are made by Morel These comps retail close to 1 grand at a shop by my house.