PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get Factory Style Staggered Door Unlock Back?

Hammerdown
07-29-2007, 12:50 AM
My 03 Matrix came with factory keyless entry that worked like this: Press unlock once to unlock driver's door only. Press unlock twice in a row to unlock all doors.

The installer wanted like an extra $80 to have this feature on the alarm system. To save some money, I had them just make the alarm unlock all doors when you press unlock once.

My question is- How can I get the staggered unlock feature back? Is it something I could figure out how to hook up and enable? Is it just a relay, or is there some programming too? It's a Viper 1000.

I plan on adding an interior siren and tilt sensor myself. I'd like to tackle the staggered door unlock feature at the same time.

Hammer

Ferendon
07-30-2007, 03:06 AM
There's should be a wire for 2nd Unlock. You need to turn of double pulse unlock, and hook the 2nd pulse wire to the unlock switch wire. The 03 Matrix uses a double pulse unlock wire, in which the 1st pulse does the drivers door, the second does the rest. They only hooked up the first unlock wire, and set it for double pulse, so that it send two pulses, unlocking all the doors. When you hook up the 2nd unlock, it will send the second pulse, so you will have Driver Door priority back.

Hammerdown
07-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Ok. I see the 2nd Unlock wire in the install manual for the viper. I also see where it talks about programming for single/double pulse - progressive unlock.

So hook up the 2nd Unlock wire to the same place they hooked the 1st Unlock wire? And then unhook the 1st Unlock wire? Or leave them both hooked up to the same place?

They were gonna charge me extra $80 for that? What a rip off!

Thanks for helping
Hammer

THUNDERBIRD
07-31-2007, 11:03 PM
yes x2 on that. hey he has to pay for the bitwritter somehow. i charge $25 to custom program someones alarm to how they want it.