PDA

View Full Version : Door Speaker Help

DTPnU
07-29-2007, 12:44 AM
I need some door speakers for my car and I need LOUD because I have 2 15" TC-5200s currently and I cant hear a single word in songs. I need 6.5s, but the doors can be modified so depth does not matter. I was thinking Beymas or Celestion TRUVOX. Anyone heard/have them???

CRAZYCORNUTS18
07-29-2007, 12:47 AM
rainbow
cdt
crystal
diamond
oz
focal

DTPnU
07-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Rainbows, OZs, and Focals aint gonna do it for me. Heard the top lines, except for Rainbow (heard the 3rd best) and it doesnt do it for me. I need opinions on Beymas, Oxygens, or Celestion TRUVOX.

mlstrass
07-29-2007, 03:31 AM
If you're just looking to get loud 4 REV coax's amped would do the trick.

I currently have my front stage apart, so only running the REV's in the rear and they keep up with my 2 HD's no problem and sound pretty **** good...

tbasile1
07-29-2007, 09:53 AM
This is a first, no Focals or Rainbows, well how bout:

Hertz, Morel, Seas ??

DTPnU
07-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Never heard Hertz or Seas but I will look into them.

Anyone ever heard some Beymas or Celestians? Those are my top 2 right now until I look into the other ones stated above.

the727kid
07-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Sounds like you need a component set with metal tweets.

BrothaBrown
07-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey, The only speakers i have heard are the beyme and the oxygens. I dont know what the model number was on the beymas but they were loud. I just bought 4 6.5 oxygens last week and they are extremely loud. They are louder than the beymas I heard. My subs arent as powerful as yours Im only running 2 american bass xd's with 2 1000watt crunch amps and another 1000watt crunch amp for the highs. Your from ohio so you can easily get oxygen speakers. I live in cleveland and went to a local suburb to pick em up. With installation and the amp I paid under $500.00 but I knew the owner and the installer. Goodluck finding what you need.

hurricanes0688
07-30-2007, 04:00 PM
i bet u bought those at roadquake lol, i just got 4 oxygen 6.5s and 2 of the oxygen yellow midbass, for 255 shipped for everything, gonna be running them off my fg 850/4 amp along with 8 horns that should be pleny loud lol

xtremekustomz
07-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't guess you have heard the Focal Polykevlar series have you? Those things can get VERY loud. If you want to go cheap look at the Kicker KS component sets. There are lots of high end speakers that get extremely loud but you need a stout amp on them. Dynaudio, Morel

DTPnU
07-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Can they get louder than Beymas, Oxygens, or Celestians???

SethPhillips
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I need some door speakers for my car and I need LOUD because I have 2 15" TC-5200s currently and I cant hear a single word in songs. I need 6.5s, but the doors can be modified so depth does not matter. I was thinking Beymas or Celestion TRUVOX. Anyone heard/have them???

if ur gunna be swangin door's and want loud mid's and high's... ur gunna end up spending allot on a quality component to get loud!!
and you would be looking at a powerful amp to get them that loud....

but like i said. if ur swangin, id get some beymas and some horn tweets and just put like 3-5 in each door and power them with a 2 ch. and they will scream...

did allot of beyma install's last year and with the fact of distortion and sound quality out the window... i could here my customers from like 3 blocks away... SCREAMIN!!

mlstrass
07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
how about the PA horn off an ice cream truck???

xtremekustomz
07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm just going off of what I have personally heard. I have not heard any of the ones you listed. I've actually got a Dynaudio 3 way set and have never heard anything any louder and cleaner than that. The thing about the dyn's and morel is that they have 3" voice coils so they can handle tons of power.

xtremekustomz
07-30-2007, 04:35 PM
how about the PA horn off an ice cream truck???

Actually the PA horns from Radio Shack are a common things on the "donks" around here.

mlstrass
07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
if ur gunna be swangin door's and want loud mid's and high's... ur gunna end up spending allot on a quality component to get loud!!
and you would be looking at a powerful amp to get them that loud....

but like i said. if ur swangin, id get some beymas and some horn tweets and just put like 3-5 in each door and power them with a 2 ch. and they will scream...

did allot of beyma install's last year and with the fact of distortion and sound quality out the window... i could here my customers from like 3 blocks away... SCREAMIN!

Does anyone actually care about what it sounds like inside the car, or is it all about impressing other kids 3 blocks away? Now they even have their speakers to help them "scream" for attention.....:eek:

I'll stand by my recommendation, but up the ante a little, so 4-6 ice cream truck PA horns mounted on the roof of your car should do it...

SethPhillips
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Actually the PA horns from Radio Shack are a common things on the "donks" around here.

it was getting to that point in cleveland last year.. i wouldent doubt it has allready happend......

DTPnU
07-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I think the loudest car at this Cleveland car show where I was had 4 horns in it with 12 speakers in each door. It was crazy.

Im sure this year at Midwest Spinfest, it will be even more crazier!

SethPhillips
07-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Does anyone actually care about what it sounds like inside the car, or is it all about impressing other kids 3 blocks away? Now they even have their speakers to help them "scream" for attention.....:eek:

I'll stand by my recommendation, but up the ante a little, so 4-6 ice cream truck PA horns mounted on the roof of your car should do it...

before i left... we where doing people's cars, 90's taho's on 26's, 70's 80's 90's caprices, 74 225's " donk's" ect..... we would do about... the most i did was 6 horn tweet's and 10 beyma's in each door. with a 2000w 2ch for each door...

the point is to be loud, weather mad distortion or not, get loud or dont even do it!!!

it was terrible... but it was what the customer wanted... and they where paying me to install em... so i did it..

then i put 2 set's of 3 way Focal K2P's in my single cab sonoma and powerd those with a cadence zr 10's and it was loud and very clean.... just to show them you didnt need all that **** in the door's.......

SethPhillips
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I think the loudest car at this Cleveland car show where I was had 4 horns in it with 12 speakers in each door. It was crazy.

Im sure this year at Midwest Spinfest, it will be even more crazier!

my dude should be up at spinfest in a 74 225 he has caramel and dark green custom interior we did, with 4 sets of alpine type r comp's and and 4 Bravox EDX's his **** is loud and clean.. me and my buddy did the install like 3 years ago...

spinfest is usually some donked out swangin doors car's.......

BrothaBrown
07-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey Hurricane, LoL Yah I did buy them from roadquake. I aint ever been before but my friend who use to co own audio outlaws in brookpark left to go to roadquake so I took it up there and he installed it for me. Honestly, I never heard of oxygen before I bought the speakers but they showed me a few things and I liked oxygen the best. Best For Less in middleburg tried to sell me 4 american bass sqs with a shyt amp for 500, I left rite when he told me the price.

DTPnU
07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
my dude should be up at spinfest in a 74 225 he has caramel and dark green custom interior we did, with 4 sets of alpine type r comp's and and 4 Bravox EDX's his **** is loud and clean.. me and my buddy did the install like 3 years ago...

spinfest is usually some donked out swangin doors car's.......

Spinfest is usually filled with cars with speakers randomly screwed in door panels. Sure it sounds loud but it looks like complete JUNK! If youre gonna do it, then at least make some door panels or fiberglass where the speakers can sit flush to. I hate to see a 2 cent peice of wood cut, wrapped in vinyl/suede, with speakers screwed in to. That bothers me.

There is supposed to be an insane Escalade there this year with 20 or so TVs in the floor...

I really want to hear Celestians though...

xtremekustomz
07-30-2007, 05:08 PM

No offense but you do have 2 15" subs vented. Technically you only need 1 sub to realistically reproduce sub bass. I'm just sayin...it goes both ways. I was just giving the original poster some ideas. You can turn my system wide *** open and it sound beautiful. Now I see no point in having an array of tweeters going down the pillars. There is a difference in just being loud as hell and being lound and sounding good doing it. I ride with my windows down all the time so I want something that will sound just as good as if I am sitting still or with the windows up. I don't care if anyone outside hears the vehicle. I don't do it for them, I do it for me.

SethPhillips
07-30-2007, 06:33 PM
my dude that was shot and killed up at Spy Bar had a nice caprice on 28's with killer sounds, focal K2P comps, Hi Fonics amps, and bravox sub's...he was supposed to go to spinfest.....
R.I.P. christian..