PDA

View Full Version : Will this sound good?

sue bee
07-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I want to get comps and what not, but I want to get something in the rear for a number of personal taste reasons. Can I just throw some coaxes back there and have everything running off the same amp (assuming all speakers can handle the power that's going to them).

My concern is, I don't want the coaxes to drown out the comps. I'm sure it can be down, but what are some ways to keep the said scenario from happening, and, having everything blend and sound "good?"

lyttleviet
07-28-2007, 02:34 PM
I want to get comps and what not, but I want to get something in the rear for a number of personal taste reasons. Can I just throw some coaxes back there and have everything running off the same amp (assuming all speakers can handle the power that's going to them).

My concern is, I don't want the coaxes to drown out the comps. I'm sure it can be down, but what are some ways to keep the said scenario from happening, and, having everything blend and sound "good?"

Set your gains correctly and you will be fine.

xtremekustomz
07-28-2007, 02:34 PM
If you are only using a 2 channel amp to power all the speakers you will need some type of an l-pad

sue bee
07-28-2007, 02:36 PM
4 chan amp

sue bee
07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
anything else to consider aside from gains? i kind of had the figured. what about crossovers and what not?

Grmanalishi
07-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Through experience I would try to keep the same brand and type of speaker all the way around. Otherwise, no matter what combination you have you will probably hear some kind of contrast between the two pairs. Every speaker lacks or exaggerates midrange, bass or highs. Your ear will pick it up if you mix speakers. Things will sound best if everything is homogenous.

ie. I've combined ADS, Diamond and CDT 6.5" components and you hear a difference between all of them in some form or another so I finally decided to keep ADS all the way around and it's much more pleasing to the ear.

Definitely don't mix titanium and silk tweeters.

mapolley07
07-28-2007, 10:27 PM
just use the fader on your head unit to keep most of the sound up front. also set the gain for the front channels to full wattage and turn the rear gain a bit lower than the front

sue bee
07-28-2007, 10:55 PM
whats a good combo of comps and coaxs?