PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS...

LVE2XELR8
07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey all. I'm purchasing a Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS on tuesday and installing it in a 2006 mazda 3 GT and there are a lot of things about this head unit that I don't know about. If any one could give me some pointers or opinions about this unit, it would all be much appreciated. Thanks

Danny :)

Trancer
07-26-2007, 04:24 PM
It plays cd's......

xplicitACTS
07-26-2007, 04:28 PM
people have had issues with a bad fuse in the outputs and a engin whine.

bchandler
07-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Mine had the alternator whine, and I bought it used so no warranty. The RCAs are on a wiring harness, so all I did to solve the problem was splice wires into the RCA harness' ground wires, then crimp lugs to the spliced wires and ground to the HU body.

If you buy new, you shouldn't have a problem. Just be very careful when reconnecting the battery of your car, do not let it spark. I think this is what fried my internal fuse.

Other than that possible problem, it's the same as any other HU to install...

hemiscott
07-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Lmao, It plays mp3's too..

btnhfan
07-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Mine had the alternator whine, and I bought it used so no warranty. The RCAs are on a wiring harness, so all I did to solve the problem was splice wires into the RCA harness' ground wires, then crimp lugs to the spliced wires and ground to the HU body.

If you buy new, you shouldn't have a problem. Just be very careful when reconnecting the battery of your car, do not let it spark. I think this is what fried my internal fuse.

Other than that possible problem, it's the same as any other HU to install...

What do you mean not let it spark?

Is it possible to reconnect it without sparking?

genxx
07-27-2007, 07:46 AM
What do you mean not let it spark?

Is it possible to reconnect it without sparking?

I was wondering the same thing.:confused: You gotta put grease on it and wrap it in a towel so it does not spark.LOL The problem BTW has nothing to do with creating a spark when you put a battery terminal on.

The 880PRS is a good HU most of the problems with it have been noted as user error. Its the pico fuse that blows in the HU. Here is a link so you don't make the same user mistake.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13889&highlight=880PRS

I never had any noise issues with the one I bought used. I sold it becuase it just was not my cup of tea.

Trancer
07-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Lmao, It plays mp3's too..

OOO OOO Oh yeah. Good point! Dont forget about AM Radio

Tonyguy
07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I loved my 880. I want to get another.

JohnnyChuttz
07-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I love my 880. I wouldn't trade it for anything, except a nav unit with the same sound processing. :yumyum:

myjaja
07-28-2007, 08:53 PM
It plays cd's......

I thought it played cassettes.