PDA

View Full Version : Possible deck/system issues...

Frankensuby
07-25-2007, 03:26 AM
So I hooked my SO up with a system about a year or so ago. Pioneer deck, subs, speakers, Sub amp, and a Power Acoustik speaker amp (I know it's low budget, but she just wanted a little extra bump.).

Well after installing, there was the dreaded Pioneer RCA output whine from the RCA jacks being borked. The rest of the system worked fine. I put 2 sets of loop isolators on the speaker RCAs to dim it down.

Now a new system issue has arrived. Just in the last few hours, both the speaker amp and sub level amp now thump whenever the station is changed, or the ignition is turned on or off. I would initially say it is a bad ground, but both amps are doing it simultaneously. Is it possible the HU's ground is now affecting the output RCa's in a way that it is causing thump issues?

Thanks for any help,

:fro:

tru_44
07-25-2007, 03:34 AM
maybe it's the pioneer rca grounds, try grounding your rca's off. there is a thread on this

CRAZYCORNUTS18
07-25-2007, 03:36 AM
maybe it's the pioneer rca grounds, try grounding your rca's off. there is a thread on this

yes there is with pics on how to do it

Frankensuby
07-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I have them grounded from tryign to fix it months and months ago, hell, I think I even have pics on a thread from when I did it haha. Ground to the car fram and it did not help much, although it did a little. Both jacks are grounded on the same wire (18 gauge wire too). Both amps are grounded to the same point in the rear. This car has been nothing but noise issues since I installed it, and I'd be willing to bet it's the deck. That is the only piece to the puzzle I have not pulled out and replaced temporarily to see if it changes.

Would the deck cause the thump issue if it went even further south? I'm thinking maybe the RCA grounds fell off after all this time. I figured spot glueing with epoxy would reduce any harm to the ground effect, but hold them in place, guess I might have been wrong.

I'm probably going to pull the rear equipment apart to look for anything loose, and if not, think it is ok to blame the deck?

(as a reference, me and my SO have Subarus. Same alternator, and my deck is a new line Pioneer [DEH6800MP] and my car only made the whine when I fried the RCAs while tuning my sub amb because the **** ground fell out :( . Got it fixed and it's quiet now. Hers has done it since the start. )

Frankensuby
07-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Any thoughts?