PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Vs. Hertz

lyttleviet
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Vanadium CS265 Vs. MLK 165... please post your personal experience and which you would choose.

I am currently running the Rainbow Vanadiums and am thinking about crossing over to the Hertz. Main reasons are: I am running Audison Amps, I wanna try something new, read great reviews about the MLK 165s, and they carry a 3 year warranty whereas my vanadiums are out of warranty.

Thanks in advance guys!

P.S.- OR chime in what component set you would get for >450

lyttleviet
07-25-2007, 02:40 AM
Nobody has any opinions on HIgh end components?

genxx
07-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Problem is not to many have the Hertz to compare. I have ran the Profi Van CS365 in the past but not Hertz so cannot compare them. I say keep the Profi Van order the Hertz and compare them. I just do not see anyone being able to compare these two on here. Sell which ever one you decide you don't like hope it doesn't come down to a dead heat.LOL

I feel you though. I ran the Rainbows then decided to try something new so I am getting ready to give CDT a shot. If I hate them I will try something else. Hertz is on my short list also. I also would like to try some Macrom and Genesis comps.

lyttleviet
07-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Problem is not to many have the Hertz to compare. I have ran the Profi Van CS365 in the past but not Hertz so cannot compare them. I say keep the Profi Van order the Hertz and compare them. I just do not see anyone being able to compare these two on here. Sell which ever one you decide you don't like hope it doesn't come down to a dead heat.LOL

I feel you though. I ran the Rainbows then decided to try something new so I am getting ready to give CDT a shot. If I hate them I will try something else. Hertz is on my short list also. I also would like to try some Macrom and Genesis comps.

ah well I understand that, even personal opinion would be nice. I am lucky I will have a buyer either way I choose to go so I guess I will test them that way :). I have yet to hear about the latter two you mentioned but maybe one day. Goodluck with everything!

PremierAudio
07-25-2007, 09:11 AM
PM Don, 6spdcoupe, he sells both. I would love to voice my opinion but I simply would have to compare the two to tell you a difference. Don will steer ya right though.

-Aaron

3.5Max6spd
07-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I can sure tell ya they sound very different. You are comparing an alloy set to one with a softer presentation/tonal characteristics by materials involved alone.

Tonyguy
07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
i've heard the hertz and they sound awesome. A lot better than my HSKs, they were gorgeous sounding comps. Though i haven't heard any rainbows.

3.5Max6spd
07-25-2007, 09:32 AM
The Milles certainly venture closer to the Platinums sound, build quality etc...They are certainly an upgrade in many ways, just not easy to guarantee they will be tonally for your acquired tastes. Vanadiums are pretty exacting in sound, rich in dynamics. The Milles will be more on the colored side, not quite the same high freq extension and air as they are a bit rolled off, the midbass may not be as tactfull and sharp but rather hint towards some warmth and less forwardness on the midrange in comparison. So you have to gauge what exactly you are looking change for the better for your listening criteria to call it other than another lateral move or change.

WhoSayWho?
07-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Do you ever review wines?:)

lyttleviet
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
The Milles certainly venture closer to the Platinums sound, build quality etc...They are certainly an upgrade in many ways, just not easy to guarantee they will be tonally for your acquired tastes. Vanadiums are pretty exacting in sound, rich in dynamics. The Milles will be more on the colored side, not quite the same high freq extension and air as they are a bit rolled off, the midbass may not be as tactfull and sharp but rather hint towards some warmth and less forwardness on the midrange in comparison. So you have to gauge what exactly you are looking change for the better for your listening criteria to call it other than another lateral move or change.

You were the one person I was waiting on Don :). I think I am going to give the Hertz a try. After reading your review and one in a magazine I believe it is what I am looking for. Gordon's display of the High Energy midbass was also very convincing although my vanadiums are ******! I'd like to try the warm colored side of things :cool: . Thanks so much for your in-depth reply Don :).

PatFitz9
07-25-2007, 04:12 PM
good call on trying the Hertz comps, they look nice.

and that's not Don ;)

3.5Max6spd
07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
You were the one person I was waiting on Don

eeeewwwww!:suicide:

oh no you didnt...

:laugh:

HKUSP45
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
i'd like to try the miles but from what i hear the vanadiums are more up my alley. i like my music loud

lyttleviet
07-25-2007, 06:30 PM
eeeewwwww!:suicide:

oh no you didnt...

:laugh:
wtf you're not don? Who are you!?!?! I always look for your replies too haha.... As in your s/n,.... dang it.. newb = fail

3.5Max6spd
07-25-2007, 06:35 PM
wtf you're not don? Who are you!?!?! I always look for your replies too haha.... As in your s/n,.... dang it.. newb = fail

I'm Manny.

Don is the '6spd' wanna-be :p

Eugenics
07-25-2007, 06:37 PM
ahahahaaa

lyttleviet
07-25-2007, 06:53 PM
T_T its because he drives a max too so I was confused T_T...... I thought being don was cool!!!

theothermike
07-26-2007, 01:29 AM
^

lol, bro when i joined forums year half ago, i did same thing.. took me forever to realize two diff peeps. and ill be curious to hear results of this. good comparo, a hard 1

WhoSayWho?
07-26-2007, 01:41 AM
May be a tough choice if you did not already have one of the sets. Of course it is your money.

Eugenics
07-26-2007, 02:57 AM
He actually drives a G35

lyttleviet
07-26-2007, 03:02 AM
^

lol, bro when i joined forums year half ago, i did same thing.. took me forever to realize two diff peeps. and ill be curious to hear results of this. good comparo, a hard 1

I will be posting an indepth review once my buddy and I get to testing them both in factory locations. Hopefully I can get all this cool music Downloaded in time to try it out. 4 days till the MILLE COME IN!!!:yumyum:

Eugenics
07-26-2007, 03:04 AM
Deltron 3030 -- 3030 might be an interesting song to listen too.

lyttleviet
07-26-2007, 03:05 AM

is that something i can just dl online?

gsr22
07-26-2007, 12:49 PM
little viet what are you doing with the proi vans

lyttleviet
07-26-2007, 01:24 PM
little viet what are you doing with the proi vans

They are being sold to a buddy of mine. If you have a reasonable offer throw it out there in PMs.:yumyum:

lyttleviet
07-27-2007, 04:53 AM

got it. I will try it out thanks!

Tim.B
07-27-2007, 05:08 AM
If you chose to go with the Hertz Mille, great choice. I have just put a complete Hertz mille setup in my 300Z. I will be picking it up later this evening. I will get some pictures posted later.

lyttleviet
07-27-2007, 04:33 PM
If you chose to go with the Hertz Mille, great choice. I have just put a complete Hertz mille setup in my 300Z. I will be picking it up later this evening. I will get some pictures posted later.

aww you gotta tell me how it sounds in a very detailed manner. PLEASE!:yumyum:

BlackMaxima
07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
you dont mind me asking.

how much is the MLK 165??

BTW. i saw the website and they are very **** comps

6spdcoupe
07-27-2007, 08:12 PM
you dont mind me asking.

how much is the MLK 165??

BTW. i saw the website and they are very **** comps

SRP is $799

Less
07-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey,

New here and I don't have Hertz experience, so I will only express an opinion or two based on what I know or observations I have collected from others. I entered the bbq drawing for the Hertz Comps, but sadly I didn't win (boo!)

Right now I am using Rainbow 265 Profi Kick bass and a CAL 26 silk tweeter. This is a very nice combination and although I have very much considered trying new combinations, I always come back to the point that - in truth, there is really nothing wrong with the Profi's... and it took me a long time to find something that I felt did almost everything right... whatever it didn't do right, I could live with! In the end, a bit of tuning and possibly tweeking the car around the system or the mounting helped me get through the "get something new compulsion," that I always find myself in.

Of course, I have not heard the vanadium, but I haven't found many metal/alloy tweeters that I can get comfy with...

As far as the Hertz go, the look MARVELOUS! The build quality on the reviews and pictures that I have seen appears to be top quality! I am confident that they sound great too - but it is pretty hard to tell if the sound will fit you or not, since everyone has a different set of ears and a different mind - leading to different opinions on what is perfect. I know that there are many "top quality" items in the audio world that still don't suit me well though. I am highly intrigued with the concept of aa ribbon midrange though,,, that adds value alone just from the unique standpoint! (if you are looking at the three way set up)

To me, warranties really don't mean much when it comes to speakers. If something goes wrong after the first 90 days, its liable to be because I beat on it too hard haha. I have had a set of ADS L710 speakers for over 27 years and they still work and sound great. I suppose in the mobile environment - the sun and other factors may impact that a lot. The mobile audio thing is new to me since I have always had company cars for the last 20 years and couldn't modify them...

Getting them and trying them for a while may be your best bet if you can get away with it... but to get a true feel, you really must go through the full install - so it would be best if the fit your current install points.

Good luck!!
Jim/Less

BlackMaxima
07-28-2007, 02:51 AM
N/m

lyttleviet
07-28-2007, 04:24 AM
i cant find the website. The dealers here say its 799. Shop in town says its 899. Magazine I read the review from says MSRP is 999.99 lol.. I guess the local dealers on here would be most accurate.

As for Less, I am currently looking at the 2 way. To be honest, warranty is a big deal for me. I know friends personally that have problems with mids all the time. Water leaks into the doors no matter what vehicle you have and my baffles can only cover so much. I am going to go ahead and compare them to the vanadiums and make my decision. I will keep this site posted on what I think fits my needs and which I plan on going with :)

Tim.B
07-28-2007, 11:37 AM
aww you gotta tell me how it sounds in a very detailed manner. PLEASE!:yumyum:

Source Unit(s): Eclipse CD7100
Front Speaker(s): Hertz Millie MLK 2
Sub(s): Hertz Millie ML3000
Amplifier(s): Audison LRx 5.1K
Other: Kinetik KHC 1400 Power Cell
Sound Deadening: Hushmat Ultra- entire car except for roof I have
T-Tops

First of all these are the most beautiful drivers I have seen to date and are very well built. They have good venting under the spider with a mesh protective cover, with a pole vent in the rear. The mid range drivers are pretty light and compact. The most noticeable features are the reverse roll surround and a super curvilinear cone with no dust cap. They are made with a paper cone, with a protective coating that gives it a smooth finish on top. It's pretty obvious that this driver was designed for a smooth, extended response. The tweeters come with a solid aluminum removable chamber with 5 little felt pads. The silk dome uses a heavy coating and has a flatter profile dome then most tweeters.

I love these mid range drivers very much. Open, well damped, and very smooth top extension. The hertz have good bass output with a snappy mid-bass. The tweeters sound phenomenal. They are full bodied with little or no coloration and good transparency. The Hertz Mille is a great sounding component set. It took me a while to find everything I was looking for in a component set to go into my Treasured 95 300ZX TT.

Tim.B
07-28-2007, 11:42 AM
lyttleviet if you need help finding a supplier I can help you out. Shoot me a email tim.b@suddenlink.net or give me a call 405-417-4277. I know of a couple people that could help you out. One in TX and one in OK.

lyttleviet
07-28-2007, 01:39 PM
hey, I am actually going to be running a very similar setup as I was going to get that 5.1k... I will be sending them 260x2 with the 2.9k... Im also upgrading the headunit to the 7100 and RAAMmat'd the whole car as well. Same battery etc. I guess the biggest difference is the Sub. Thanks for the review and I will also post mine up compared to my vanadiums when it is all said and done.

lyttleviet
07-29-2007, 04:30 AM
Tim, if you get back on here, give me a review on that ML3000. I am STRONGLY considering going with that woofer as well.

isamu
08-04-2007, 03:15 AM
Good thread guys. I too, am thinking of putting in some Hertz HSK 165s :)

lyttleviet
08-04-2007, 04:10 AM

people have been telling me my guys give great prices. PM me if you need something.

Tonyguy
08-05-2007, 12:09 PM

I love my HSK 165s :yumyum: