PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the parking brake lead on the JVC KD-AVX33

csnut18
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone, I installed a JVC KD-AVX33 today and it sounds amazing. I was looking at the instruction manual which seems to say although not clearly that the parking brake wire on the HU needs to be hooked up to the Positive(Not the negative) parking brake wire on the vehicle. Knowing this, I went ahead and hooked the wire to the acc wire on the vehicles wire harness together with the acc wire hooked up to the HU. The wire is working fine as the jvc turns on and off with ignition. the parking brake lead is tied into the same wire with a very secure connection. The problem is that the unit is not allowing me to watch dvd's because it is not detecting the parking brake. I don't know why the hell this is happening. I am supplying 12v to the parking brake lead like I am supposed to. I double checked everything and tested all the wires only to find everything is working as it should. The only thing possible is that the unit needs to have the parking brake wire hooked up to a ground. I have seen owners manual wrong before. What do you guys think? Thanks

thejoker989
07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I have never seen a car or a unit with a positive trigger parking brake. Try touching the wire to ground and seeing if it does anything.

AAAAAAA
07-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes, it needs to be grounded.

thejoker989
07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/publicassaulter/untitled.jpg

The diagram is confusing because the wire that light green is tagging into is on the top side of the diagram and it looks like its connected to the positive terminal of the battery, but its on the left side of the light bulb, so its still a negative trigger.

Motley
07-26-2007, 02:41 AM
just ground it, and you can play dvd's while your driving too. :wow: :eek:

I just had mine installed, and this headunit rocks bigtime... JVC = ftw