PDA

View Full Version : Adding Subs to Saab w/bose system

notajr.fan
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
What is the best unit to use, the MTX RE-Q, the Rockford 3Sixty, that new alpine unit, or a run of the mill LOC? My main concern compatability with the bose system. I will be adding a Diamond D7401 and 2 JL10 W3-4s.

Thanks

sdmtnbiker420
07-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Compatibility and Bose do not belong in the same sentence.

Keep bose with bose - if you want to add a piece of a system, you should pull out everything bose, bypass the bose amps, or dont mess with the system at all.

You should throw LOC possibility out the window, unless you dont care about SQ.

ace_800
07-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Get rid of all the blose crap.

notajr.fan
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
all I'm looking for is to get a signal for my sub amp, nothing more. There has to be a way to do that without yanking out all the bose bs.

sdmtnbiker420
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
all I'm looking for is to get a signal for my sub amp, nothing more. There has to be a way to do that without yanking out all the bose bs.

Well, thats easy. Just use the input wiring adapter provided with your amp and splice into your Bose wiring after the Bose amp.

I have to warn you though, it will sound like your regular Bose system but a lot more bass, to drown out the highs....

I originally added a JL sub and alpine amp to my Bose system because I thought I didn't need that much power. and within 8 months, I ended up ripping the entire Bose out and replacing it all. Bose will be the weakest link in your whole system. Right now you think you don't need to replace everything but you'll see how you feel in 6 months.