PDA

View Full Version : Box fit? Ok for sub?

TRANSAMCHARGER
03-01-2003, 09:44 PM
I measure my trunk its 5 feet x 2.5 feet x 1.5 + feet, (rough estement)
I calculated that a box at 3.5 ft x 1.5 ft x 1.25 ft= 6.56 cu ft. would this
box fit in my trunk, i believe so. I'm savin up for a 15" brahma, i have my eclipse amp 800 watts for it and i was reading on adire's site that on guy put up some serious numbers w/ a 6.6 cu ft box w/ 1 15" brahma tuned at 55 htz w/ an 800 watt amp.
And if I make it myself it souldnt be hard cuz its gonna be rectangle?
Should i have the sub fire up tward the trunk?
Thanx

jbl_marshall21
03-02-2003, 09:06 PM
towards the trunk. not sure y it is louder but it is. a true knower of waves and things will tell u.

TRANSAMCHARGER
03-02-2003, 09:38 PM
it wouldn't affect SPL numbers if facin up would it

jbl_marshall21
03-03-2003, 07:59 PM
yea it will affect ur spl numbers. correct me if i am wrong anyone, cuz i am pretty **** sure cuz it made my system alot louder by facing my subs towards my tailgate instead of firing up

nswartley
03-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by jbl_marshall21
yea it will affect ur spl numbers. correct me if i am wrong anyone, cuz i am pretty **** sure cuz it made my system alot louder by facing my subs towards my tailgate instead of firing up

thats just from your drivers seat.....but it really depends on the car, the box, the sub and many other factors. you just have to move it around and see whats best.

as far as comps go, it depends on where the mic is placed.

yelhsa
03-03-2003, 08:04 PM
yes face the speakers to the back and you will get a few more dB out of it

i3abyjay25
03-03-2003, 08:05 PM
yeah, faceing the sub towards the the back of the trunk allows the waves to bounce off the back of the trunck and back towards the front windsheild as to where bass is meausered.. facein the subs upwards, send the waves up towards the trunk, then back down then back up and s on..loosen alot of bass b4 it does reach the front winsheild... thats my opinion anyways

TRANSAMCHARGER
03-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Would the numbers be better if it was slanted aliitle more than this address below.

http://www.black00.8k.com/cgi-bin/i/brahmabox/finishedruler.jpg

Im gonna build a box like this same 6.6 cu ft w/ that port but mine will be slanted more. The front is gonna be 5 " slanted up to 16".

nswartley
03-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by TRANSAMCHARGER
Would the numbers be better if it was slanted aliitle more than this address below.

http://www.black00.8k.com/cgi-bin/i/brahmabox/finishedruler.jpg

Im gonna build a box like this same 6.6 cu ft w/ that port but mine will be slanted more. The front is gonna be 5 " slanted up to 16".

w/ the mic in the port it will get **** loud no matter where you face it