PDA

View Full Version : 6.5" Coax's w/ RE SR sub

djXternal
07-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for some suggestions for 4 6.5" coax's to go with a single 10" RE SR sub

I was looking at some Focal 165CA1

I want to make sure I do everything right the first time on this install

tbasile1
07-22-2007, 10:29 PM
The Focal coaxials are really nice and sound great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT

Why not do a component set, amped, up front and then for rears just throw some coaxials back there

Focal is a great choice either way, coaxial or component!

djXternal
07-22-2007, 11:30 PM
i do not have room for comps in the stock locations where the speakers have to go, since this is in my jeep

LUST OF DECAY
07-23-2007, 12:41 AM
i do not have room for comps in the stock locations where the speakers have to go, since this is in my jeep

SUX!!!

YOU NEED SOME SCHOOLING. READ UP ON SOME OLD THREADS. FOCALS COAXILS DO SOUND GOOD- SO DO BOSTON ACOUSTICS.

stop being soo lame. why ask about coaxils when you already know the answer? i think you just want somebody to talk to. this thread has nothing to do with car
AUDIO. you just need some pus$y. :crap:

djXternal
07-23-2007, 02:06 AM
my question was mostly pointed towards the question of whether the SR sub would overpower the focal speakers or not, but thanks for the useful response

djXternal
07-23-2007, 09:56 AM
If I could manage to buil some new housings in my jeep to fit some 6.5" comps..... Would the Boston Acoustics S60 do better then the Focal coax's mentioned before, since they are near the same price I might be able to run those

LUST OF DECAY
07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
I have some brand new never used Rainbow SL 165 speakers
http://www.iqcaraudio.com/rainbow/sound_line_sl/index.htm
that I would let go for $150 shipped. These are nice speakers--I just got out of car audio and never used them.

Dave

how are you gonna sell the lowest line of rainbow's to buddy for the same price listed on that link? pretty dam shady to me. you'd be lucky just to give them away. i'll get them off your hands for $30 shiped