PDA

View Full Version : alarm turns on for no reason help?

monkeyman
07-22-2007, 06:32 PM
hello guys i just got back from campin left on friday evening came back sunday as in today and well my alarm from my car was on neighbors came almost choked me said my alarm has been on all weekend i was like ouchhh so then right when i got here i turned it off and well i was in the RR and my alarm turned on again so i turned it off again and then i was outside looking at the car from my porch and the alarm turned on funny this is nothing is touching or hitting it but the wind and just now that im here it turned on again automatically for any reason is there something im able to do in that case becuase its driving me crazy it will turn on for any reason or no reason at all is there a fuse that is burned or something? please i need help ASAP b4 these neighbors put a 45 to my head :crap:

Rattlebrain
07-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I had an alarm that did that.
Turn the sensitivity down a little. Should be a screw adjustment somewhere. Counter clockwise I believe. Try it little at a time.

monkeyman
07-22-2007, 08:11 PM
where are those screws usually located ? where would i be able to look for it i have no clue

Rattlebrain
07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
hard to say...
My alarm had an inertia switch on the fender under the hood. I couldn't tell you where yours is at.
Another alarm I had was a cheapy and it was on the back side of the alarm/horn unit itself.
I wish I could be more help but without being there, Its hard for me to pin point.

Did you get a manual with the alarm? If so, I would look through it or take it back to where you had it installed and let them adjust it.

monkeyman
07-22-2007, 08:36 PM
well atleast your trying to help and i really appreciate it i guess i am gonna have to look around the car see if i can find a knob or button type thing or just end up taking it to get fixed :( bummer

azbass
07-22-2007, 08:52 PM
what kinda alarm?

If you have the alarm manual:

check this, next time the alarm goes off by itself disarm it, get in the car and look at the led (there should be an led light that blinks installed in the dash) and see how many times it flashes

most of the alarms iv installed, this flashing led is a code to tell you what tripped the alarm ie. door pin, hood pin, shock sensor etc.

the manual should tell you what the number of flashes means.

this is also depending on the alarm. which you did not tell us.

Rattlebrain
07-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Shock sensor..... thats what I was thinking instead of inertia switch.
Couldn't think of the name.... Had a brain fart.

monkeyman
07-22-2007, 11:15 PM
actually i know nothing about the alarm for the reason being that i bought the vehicle and it already had this alarm insalled and it didnt come with any type of manual or anything just with the little remotes for the alarm (used vehicle from private seller) so there for im not sure what to do.

thejoker989
07-24-2007, 01:09 AM
is your car a ford?

monkeyman
07-24-2007, 02:20 AM
no i have a 97 honda accord sedan 4 door

THUNDERBIRD
07-24-2007, 06:36 AM
what kinda remote do you have? post of picture if you can.

monkeyman
07-25-2007, 12:33 AM
ok i will post pic of remote

Mustang01
08-10-2007, 04:05 AM
Should be able to find an online manual mine is located on the brain.