PDA

View Full Version : High end components

nevercomingback
07-22-2007, 07:21 PM
I've been out of the car audio loop for a while now. In my old car I had mb quart pce-216's all around, powered by a JL 300/4 amp. I ended up getting a new car and sold the speakers. I want to put a system back in and need some advice on some components. I need a set of 5.25" for the front and 6.5" for the rear. I'm looking to spend around $400 total for the speakers. I would get mb quarts again but I heard they were sold off to some sh** company and aren't made the same anymore. Any suggestions?? Is CDT any good??

LUST OF DECAY
07-22-2007, 08:24 PM
cdt sux!!! alot of the guys here run with these. i'm waiting for mine to come in this week. i got mine off ebay. i've heard nothing but good things from this company here on this forum. no sence in wasting your money on named brand .

http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?brand=&cat1=Car%20Audio&cat2=Component%20Kits%20and%20Seperates&model=PLG5C

CRAZYCORNUTS18
07-22-2007, 08:26 PM
cdt sux!!! alot of the guys here run with these. i'm waiting for mine to come in this week. i got mine off ebay. i've heard nothing but good things from this company here on this forum. no sence in wasting your money on named brand .

http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?brand=&cat1=Car%20Audio&cat2=Component%20Kits%20and%20Seperates&model=PLG5C

dude hes not serious...cdt is kick *** a couple other brands are rainbow,diamond,crystall,focal,oz

LUST OF DECAY
07-22-2007, 08:30 PM
dude hes not serious...cdt is kick *** a couple other brands are rainbow,diamond,crystall,focal,oz

im not serious? the hell if i aint. all this forum raves about is pyle and infinity. i hear more about pyle on this site than anyother forum. i hope i wasn't tricked into getting those comps!!!!:verymad:

Fattony911
07-22-2007, 08:30 PM
ppppssffhh

CRAZYCORNUTS18
07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
im not serious? the hell if i aint. all this forum raves about is pyle and infinity. i hear more about pyle on this site than anyother forum. i hope i wasn't tricked into getting those comps!!!!:verymad:

pyle is like the lowest you can get lol:laugh:

LUST OF DECAY
07-22-2007, 08:44 PM
pyle is like the lowest you can get lol:laugh:

yep... pretty crapy. that $400 can get you some mb quart qsd216's and enough sound deadener to cover your doors. im running with the cdt es620's. pretty good comp.killer midrange. i kinda like this company called hertz. way out of your price range though. good luck

Hoodlum007
07-22-2007, 09:09 PM
can you fit 6.5" in the front by chance?

tbasile1
07-22-2007, 10:38 PM
are you amping them with the 300/4 again??

And I would just stick to a comp set up front and coaxials in the back, really no need for components as rears

LUST OF DECAY
07-22-2007, 10:42 PM
are you amping them with the 300/4 again??

And I would just stick to a comp set up front and coaxials in the back, really no need for components as rears

HELL, i'd just run with the comps in the front. screw rear stage. let your subs do the work in the back. you'll get a much better sound with only a strong front -stage

sandbags
07-22-2007, 10:43 PM
you could also look into the JBL GTI MKIIs they sound great and can be had for less than 300

tRidiot
07-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm running a CDT 4" ES-04/01 comp set active with 8" midbasses, and thus far, I am MUCHO impressed. These are CDT's top-of-the-line comps, essentially, but they are worth every penny I paid, IMNSHO.

LUST OF DECAY
07-22-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm running a CDT 4" ES-04/01 comp set active with 8" midbasses, and thus far, I am MUCHO impressed. These are CDT's top-of-the-line comps, essentially, but they are worth every penny I paid, IMNSHO.

what kind of 8" midbass drivers are you using? i hear they got drivers out there better than the idq's

tbasile1
07-22-2007, 10:50 PM
HELL, i'd just run with the comps in the front. screw rear stage. let your subs do the work in the back. you'll get a much better sound with only a strong front -stage

or that, but if he doesnt have subs, then id recommend getting some rears for a fill

if u have subs or plan on it, i would agree with "Lust" to forget the rears all together

LUST OF DECAY
07-22-2007, 11:09 PM
or that, but if he doesnt have subs, then id recommend getting some rears for a fill

if u have subs or plan on it, i would agree with "Lust" to forget the rears all together

you ever seen 6x9 subs? i put them in my ex's car. sounded pretty good. put off a decent amount of space. you goota build a little box for them though.

tRidiot
07-22-2007, 11:13 PM
what kind of 8" midbass drivers are you using? i hear they got drivers out there better than the idq's

Currently running JL 8IB4s. I've got a few other pairs in-hand to audition once I finish my kicks for the 4s:

Oz 200L
Oz 200H
Peerless sls 8"
Seas L22rn4x/p
Dayton reference rs225

I think, anyways... have to open the boxes and see what I got sent. ;)

Rich B
07-22-2007, 11:19 PM
These are supposed to be great.......if you can find them-

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS - Pioneer Premier 6.75" Component Speaker System
http://www.woofersetc.com/images/products/4985.jpg

Woofers etc does say " Availability: Limited Quantities ", so they might have some.

nevercomingback
07-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Wow, thanks for all of the responses! I will be using the JL 300/4 to amp for the speakers. I will be running 2 10" kappa subs in the rear. I have to completely rewire my Audi A4 that came with the bose system. the fronts are 4", but I can buy a bracket to make em 5.25". Are those CDT es series 4" any good? That would save me alot of money and time to not send away for the part in Germany. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LUST OF DECAY
07-23-2007, 01:21 AM
Wow, thanks for all of the responses! I will be using the JL 300/4 to amp for the speakers. I will be running 2 10" kappa subs in the rear. I have to completely rewire my Audi A4 that came with the bose system. the fronts are 4", but I can buy a bracket to make em 5.25". Are those CDT es series 4" any good? That would save me alot of money and time to not send away for the part in Germany. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

their good if you run them in the kicks and an 8" midbass driver in the door. by themselves... good midrange, little midbass. if you want to do all that you mind as well go with these. top of the line:yumyum:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3084

Hoodlum007
07-23-2007, 12:02 PM
run a set of coax off the HU for the rearfill and for the front stage get these P.gold Elite comps and bridge your jl amp to them.

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1235