PDA

View Full Version : So much for the eclipse deck...

bk12321
07-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Bought a cd8443 from Drpdmazda on here.

Sent him 140 for it, it was in alright condition, but acceptable. Some scratches on the face, but a few scratches dont bother me as i'd probably end up getting a few on it. No remote, didnt bother me either.

Quoted from him in a pm:

it is 9/10 cosmetically since there are some really small scratches and a little fading on one or two buttons. other than that the deck is in excellent shape. perfect working order.

Installed it this afternoon, put a cd in, it tries to read it for about 10 seconds, and then pops it back out. Tried 5 burned discs and 5 regular discs. Hooked up my mp3 player to aux and it plays fine, just no cds.

He said nothing to me about this when he was trying to sell it to me.

I am waiting to hear back from him on a refund, just letting you guys know ahead of time I COULD get screwed over, but maybe hes a good guy. I went with this deck from him because I googled his user name and a bunch of positives came up from different forums on the net, so I figured nothing could go wrong.

We will see. Like I said it could just be a screw up, I know I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else.

In the mean time, I'm gonna look for an 8445.

bk12321
07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Bump... for just put the sony deck back in and IT works just FINE. Gay.

Hopefully I can get this issue squared away with the seller.

jeeper07
07-22-2007, 09:49 PM
i had an ok transaction with him. hope he fixes this up for u

drpdmazda
07-23-2007, 09:03 AM
i replied to your email. i sent you pics of the unit and you can clearly see in the pics that the unit is in good condition. you also seemed to have no complaints in your original post when you stated that it was a good deal and smooth transaction, or something along those lines. the unit was in perfect working order when it was removed from my truck and it was also tested before it was sent out. i have the original pic of it posted while it is playing a cd as well. as i said in the email i sent you i will file an insurance claim with the post office since i can only assume it was damaged during shipping and that is why its not playing cd's. the issue will get resolved just give it some time, we all know that the post office doesnt resolve things overnight

jason

bk12321
07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
i replied to your email. i sent you pics of the unit and you can clearly see in the pics that the unit is in good condition. you also seemed to have no complaints in your original post when you stated that it was a good deal and smooth transaction, or something along those lines. the unit was in perfect working order when it was removed from my truck and it was also tested before it was sent out. i have the original pic of it posted while it is playing a cd as well. as i said in the email i sent you i will file an insurance claim with the post office since i can only assume it was damaged during shipping and that is why its not playing cd's. the issue will get resolved just give it some time, we all know that the post office doesnt resolve things overnight

jason

I do not want to argue with you, but honestly it is not 9 out of 10 cosmetically, and the pictures don't show things that good lighting does. It has light scratches ALL OVER the face, I can easily get some pictures but honestly I don't think that would help matters at all and I don't want this to turn into an argument.

I didn't care because I just wanted to get it in my car and be done with it, but now that it doesn't even read cds what am I supposed to do? I hate the hassle of sending stuff back, I would rather deal with something that is a little scratched and faded. That's just how I am. And I also posted that feedback before I got it in my car.

Anyways, thanks for the reply Jason.

Beat_Dominator
07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Try a CD lens cleaner disk..... My 8443 needed the lens to be cleaned once. :fyi:

bk12321
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Try a CD lens cleaner disk..... My 8443 needed the lens to be cleaned once. :fyi:

Honestly... I don't have one, and I don't want something that doesn't work as soon as I pull it out of the box. If I had owned it for a while and it started giving me problems, I would be inclined to try that, but not when I pull it right out of the box and put it in my car, you know what I mean???

Thanks for the reply tho :) sry if I sounded like a jerk a little bit, not my intention

bk12321
07-23-2007, 10:51 PM

jason

I do not want to argue with you, but honestly it is not 9 out of 10 cosmetically, and the pictures don't show things that good lighting does. It has light scratches ALL OVER the face, I can easily get some pictures but honestly I don't think that would help matters at all and I don't want this to turn into an argument.

I didn't care because I just wanted to get it in my car and be done with it, but now that it doesn't even read cds what am I supposed to do? I hate the hassle of sending stuff back, I would rather deal with something that is a little scratched and faded. That's just how I am. And I also posted that feedback before I got it in my car.

Anyways, thanks for the reply Jason.

Okay, I thought about this a LOT today, and here is my issue. When I received the box, it was in perfect condition. Also, everything inside was wrapped with about 5 layers of bubble wrap. That being said, I can not see how it was magically "damaged during shipping", and I don't think USPS is going to give you anything back for insurance. I've been an eBay seller for years, and done selling on about 5 different forums since I was 16, and have never seen a claim rewarded for a box that was in good condition.

Now, I want to get this issue resolved, and I don't know what else to tell you. I think you should give me a refund, i'll obviously ship you back the cd player, and then YOU figure things out with USPS in regards to the insurance claim. I don't see how any of this is my fault, so why I should have to keep a broken cd player while you have my money is beyond me. The seller is supposed to take responsibility if the item is damaged during shipping.

If you receive an item DOA from best buy or even ANY ebay store or online store, their policy states you send it back, they refund you, and then THEY have to deal with it, not you. Same exact thing here.

drpdmazda
07-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Okay, I thought about this a LOT today, and here is my issue. When I received the box, it was in perfect condition. Also, everything inside was wrapped with about 5 layers of bubble wrap. That being said, I can not see how it was magically "damaged during shipping", and I don't think USPS is going to give you anything back for insurance. I've been an eBay seller for years, and done selling on about 5 different forums since I was 16, and have never seen a claim rewarded for a box that was in good condition.

Now, I want to get this issue resolved, and I don't know what else to tell you. I think you should give me a refund, i'll obviously ship you back the cd player, and then YOU figure things out with USPS in regards to the insurance claim. I don't see how any of this is my fault, so why I should have to keep a broken cd player while you have my money is beyond me. The seller is supposed to take responsibility if the item is damaged during shipping.

If you receive an item DOA from best buy or even ANY ebay store or online store, their policy states you send it back, they refund you, and then THEY have to deal with it, not you. Same exact thing here.

and i am doing just that, i am taking care of the problem through the post office, as stated before the cd player worked perfect before it came out of my truck, perfect when i took pictures of it before playing a cd, and perfect when i bench tested it before i sent it to you, so yes i do think it got damaged in shipping. i will follow through with the claim and go from there.

loudmofo
07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
i had to clean my eclipses 8443 last week when it did the same thing now it works like a champ

bk12321
07-23-2007, 11:05 PM
and i am doing just that, i am taking care of the problem through the post office, as stated before the cd player worked perfect before it came out of my truck, perfect when i took pictures of it before playing a cd, and perfect when i bench tested it before i sent it to you, so yes i do think it got damaged in shipping. i will follow through with the claim and go from there.

and you asked me to take it somewhere to get it checked out so I have proof of damage... I have no time for that and I don't want to have to PAY somebody to run an analysis on the cd player and TELL ME it doesn't work, I KNOW it doesn't work.

and when they ask you for "proof of damage" like you were asking in that pm i sent you, i'm pretty sure they want to see the box or packaging so they can prove it was them and not you, and not an analysis showing it doesn't play cds... they don't care if it plays or not, they care if it was you or them who messed it up so they can decide if they need to pay for it or not.

bk12321
07-23-2007, 11:06 PM
i had to clean my eclipses 8443 last week when it did the same thing now it works like a champ

To be fair, I will go tomorrow and buy a cleaner cd and try it out.

It is completely invalid though, I don't want something that doesn't work the first time I hook it up. It's supposed to be 100% functional like he said.

drpdmazda
07-23-2007, 11:13 PM
and you asked me to take it somewhere to get it checked out so I have proof of damage... I have no time for that and I don't want to have to PAY somebody to run an analysis on the cd player and TELL ME it doesn't work, I KNOW it doesn't work.

and when they ask you for "proof of damage", i'm pretty sure they want pictures of the box or packaging so they can prove it was them and not you

hopefully you kept the packaging incase they need pictures of it.

and as for having to spend money to get it checked out, you should be able to go to any circuit city or best buy and have them test it. i used to work for both places and never hadaproblem helping someone out that needed somthing for an insurance claim, im pretty sure if you asked they would do it for you no charge

bk12321
07-23-2007, 11:50 PM
hopefully you kept the packaging incase they need pictures of it.

and as for having to spend money to get it checked out, you should be able to go to any circuit city or best buy and have them test it. i used to work for both places and never hadaproblem helping someone out that needed somthing for an insurance claim, im pretty sure if you asked they would do it for you no charge

Since you are hell bent on not giving me a refund, then I will take the cd player to a place tomorrow. I don't see how it matters, when usps tells you the packaging is fine and the cd player WASN'T damaged during shipping, I wanna see what happens then.

EDIT: yes I still have the packaging, i keep all packaging for stuff like this.

bk12321
07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Okay, here goes nothin.

I asked my dad last night if he had a laser lens cleaner. He had one, so he left it out for me this morning when he went to work. I hooked the stereo up FOR THE SECOND TIME a few hours ago, not to mention I have to rewire it to my wiring harness every time I do this because I only have ONE and I already have an aftermarket deck in the car, so I have to keep switching them out. I am running low on electrical tape AND patience, so I am not doing this any more.

Tried the cleaner, it did not work, still spits out cds. Wasted my time again. I had to put the gay *** sony deck back in my car again.

Look Jason, I'm asking you right now for a refund. I'm not putting up with any more of this, and if I have to start a dispute on paypal or use some other method I will. I've already wasted 2-3 hours in the hot sun putting in stereos in my car, plus I scratched my leather seat messing around with this crap today.

If i'm out to scam you, like you said I might be, by asking for my money back, then I will cross-ship the deck to an admin/second trustworthy party, then await payment from you, upon receiving payment they will ship you the cd player and I will have my money. I don't care how it's done but I want my money back. Once you have the cd player, you can file your claim with USPS and get all the insurance money back or not, I don't care.

You will have a pm shortly, and if I need to get admins involved with this I will. I am 100% firm on this right now, I want a refund, and I think I am completely in the right for asking for my money back.

I don't want to make you look like a bad seller if you aren't one, so please be reasonable.

- Brandon

p.s. I just shipped over $500 worth of gear today, 4 separate destinations, so if i'm really out to scam someone, why would I want $125 over that $500 worth of stuff??? hmmm....

drpdmazda
07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Okay, here goes nothin.

I asked my dad last night if he had a laser lens cleaner. He had one, so he left it out for me this morning when he went to work. I hooked the stereo up FOR THE SECOND TIME a few hours ago, not to mention I have to rewire it to my wiring harness every time I do this because I only have ONE and I already have an aftermarket deck in the car, so I have to keep switching them out. I am running low on electrical tape AND patience, so I am not doing this any more.

Tried the cleaner, it did not work, still spits out cds. Wasted my time again. I had to put the gay *** sony deck back in my car again.

Look Jason, I'm asking you right now for a refund. I'm not putting up with any more of this, and if I have to start a dispute on paypal or use some other method I will. I've already wasted 2-3 hours in the hot sun putting in stereos in my car, plus I scratched my leather seat messing around with this crap today.

If i'm out to scam you, like you said I might be, by asking for my money back, then I will cross-ship the deck to an admin/second trustworthy party, then await payment from you, upon receiving payment they will ship you the cd player and I will have my money. I don't care how it's done but I want my money back. Once you have the cd player, you can file your claim with USPS and get all the insurance money back or not, I don't care.

You will have a pm shortly, and if I need to get admins involved with this I will. I am 100% firm on this right now, I want a refund, and I think I am completely in the right for asking for my money back.

I don't want to make you look like a bad seller if you aren't one, so please be reasonable.

- Brandon

p.s. I just shipped over $500 worth of gear today, 4 separate destinations, so if i'm really out to scam someone, why would I want $125 over that $500 worth of stuff??? hmmm....

heres a few things for you,

main point is it was damaged in transit, so i am filing the claim with the post office and waiting for the respones. i told you already that i cant do that until saturday so you are going to have to be patient. if you want to file with paypal or tell an admin feel free, you are the one thats not bieng resaonable and not wotrking with me, i am doing all i can to help you.

it is not my fault you installed the radio in the " hot sun " you chose to do it in the sun not me, as for the having to hook it up a second time, all you would have had to do was hook it directly to the battery just to get power to it. if it took you 3 hours to install the radio when there is already and aftermarket set up in there, that again is not my fault that it took you that long, and lastly i am not responsible for you scratching your leather seat, how did you scratch the seat putting a radio in the dash? i am starting to wonder about your installation expierience. as soon as i hear back from the post office i will let you know, at least i am trying to resolve this issue and not just telling you to go **** yourself like a lot of sellers would do. demanding and threatening is going to get you no where, i am not at fault here so i am not going to get the short end of the stick.

ps i like the comment about not ripping me off for $125 sounds oddly similar to the message i sent you yesterday
as stated and this is the last time i will say it, as soon as i get word from the post office i will getin contact with you

jason

drpdmazda
07-24-2007, 07:27 PM
i just read the pm you sent me, now you are saying if i dont give you a refund you are going to send a member to my house that lives close to me??? i kindly invite you to send someone to my house, thats real inteligent internet threats, what a gangsta yo!

FSUNolez
07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
drpdmazda, Why won't you just refund him and then get the money from the Post Office yourself? That's not a ridiculous request, is it? He even offered to send the CD Player to an admin and have you mail the money to the admin and the admin mail everything back to their proper owners. What is wrong with that?

It sounds like you needed some money, sold your faulty head unit (knowing you could blame it on USPS) and now you DON'T have his money. Would this assumption be correct?

bk12321
07-25-2007, 12:22 AM
i just read the pm you sent me, now you are saying if i dont give you a refund you are going to send a member to my house that lives close to me??? i kindly invite you to send someone to my house, thats real inteligent internet threats, what a gangsta yo!

Definitely not what I said, now you are assuming.

I said I would contact a member near you from the forum. They could always come to your house and politely ask you to send me money, you know, that is if you weren't cooperating. Things don't always have to be violent. I'm not hiring a hitman here.

Please don't try to re word things to make me look bad.

bk12321
07-25-2007, 12:23 AM
drpdmazda, Why won't you just refund him and then get the money from the Post Office yourself? That's not a ridiculous request, is it? He even offered to send the CD Player to an admin and have you mail the money to the admin and the admin mail everything back to their proper owners. What is wrong with that?

It sounds like you needed some money, sold your faulty head unit (knowing you could blame it on USPS) and now you DON'T have his money. Would this assumption be correct?

You know, that thought has crossed my mind, but for the moment i'm assuming he's a genuinely good guy and i'm hoping he will work with me to get this squared away the right way.

bk12321
07-25-2007, 12:31 AM
heres a few things for you,

main point is it was damaged in transit, so i am filing the claim with the post office and waiting for the respones. i told you already that i cant do that until saturday so you are going to have to be patient. if you want to file with paypal or tell an admin feel free, you are the one thats not bieng resaonable and not wotrking with me, i am doing all i can to help you.

it is not my fault you installed the radio in the " hot sun " you chose to do it in the sun not me, as for the having to hook it up a second time, all you would have had to do was hook it directly to the battery just to get power to it. if it took you 3 hours to install the radio when there is already and aftermarket set up in there, that again is not my fault that it took you that long, and lastly i am not responsible for you scratching your leather seat, how did you scratch the seat putting a radio in the dash? i am starting to wonder about your installation expierience. as soon as i hear back from the post office i will let you know, at least i am trying to resolve this issue and not just telling you to go **** yourself like a lot of sellers would do. demanding and threatening is going to get you no where, i am not at fault here so i am not going to get the short end of the stick.

ps i like the comment about not ripping me off for $125 sounds oddly similar to the message i sent you yesterday
as stated and this is the last time i will say it, as soon as i get word from the post office i will getin contact with you

jason

I'm just demanding what is rightfully mine, and I have yet to "threaten" you.

As for my installation expertise... I laid the stereo on my seat because the cables were attached and I wasnt going to let it dangle. For the hot sun, theres nowhere else for me to install it at besides outside my house. All of this to try and clean a broken receiver. And I was requested, BY YOU, to try to clean it, so I had to reinstall it to do that. 3 hours = switching out headunits four times now.

And yes the $125 I quoted from your pm, I actually said that for a reason, so you would see it.

Why don't you do "all that you can to help me" and refund my money? Oh well, like I said you aren't going to do that, so until you do send me my money I guess you can just jerk me around all you want. Coooool. Nothing I can do about it I guess. And I am trying to work with you, but I can only do so much. I went out like you asked and tried to clean it today.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

bk12321
07-25-2007, 12:52 PM
NOTE: To file a claim for damage or loss of contents, the article, container, and packaging must be presented.

when they ask you for "proof of damage" like you were asking in that pm i sent you, i'm pretty sure they want to see the box or packaging so they can prove it was them and not you, and not an analysis showing it doesn't play cds... they don't care if it plays or not, they care if it was you or them who messed it up so they can decide if they need to pay for it or not.

When you talk to USPS on Saturday, I want to see how far you get...

aesoj
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Jason,

I think the buyer is willing to be patient and cooperative. It sounds like he's looking for assurance, though, that you're going to take the deck back and give him a full refund should the insurance claim ultimately be denied.

bk12321,

Am I correct?

-Jose

bk12321
07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Jason,

I think the buyer is willing to be patient and cooperative. It sounds like he's looking for assurance, though, that you're going to take the deck back and give him a full refund should the insurance claim ultimately be denied.

bk12321,

Am I correct?

-Jose

You are 100% correct, and honestly how things are looking right now, I am not too assured that I will end up with some form of a refund, either via insurance claim or from the seller himself, and I don't want to be stuck with a headunit I can't use.

bk12321
07-28-2007, 10:28 PM
So hows about that USPS claim??? It's SATURDAY!

main point is it was damaged in transit, so i am filing the claim with the post office and waiting for the respones. i told you already that i cant do that until saturday so you are going to have to be patient.

Talking about my patience, it's running very thin.

bk12321
07-29-2007, 06:19 PM

main point is it was damaged in transit, so i am filing the claim with the post office and waiting for the respones. i told you already that i cant do that until saturday so you are going to have to be patient.

Still no response.... what great selling conduct! :rolleyes:

I have a non working product that I paid $140 for, and still no refund of any kind. Sweet!

bk12321
07-30-2007, 11:05 AM

Still no response.... what great selling conduct!

I have a non working product that I paid $140 for, and still no refund of any kind. Sweet!

So i'm giving it a day or two and then i'm assuming i'm getting screwed over. This is a joke.

bk12321
08-01-2007, 01:58 PM
This is really ****ing stupid, and i'm dumb as hell for waiting around this long.

bk12321
08-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Payment MADE: July 15, 2007

Refund, partial or full, STILL NOT RECEIVED as of: August 01, 2007

18 full days. What a joke.

Colt9699
08-02-2007, 01:45 AM
I had done transaction with Jason and it went smoothly, hope this all gets worked out and everyone ends up happy.

bk12321
08-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I had done transaction with Jason and it went smoothly, hope this all gets worked out and everyone ends up happy.

I hope so too... but he's slowly becoming more unresponsive, and the transaction is approaching 3 weeks in, and I've still got nothing.

Qbenjamin
08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
In the event of a carrier claim, the seller is supposed to REFUND the buyer and take appropriate action against the carrier themselves. I would have to say that in this case, it's seems as though he shipped you a broken H/U and is now trying to say the carrier is at fault.

On another note, I had an amp shipped to me with a piece of the mounting tab broken and their was no damage to the outside of the box, but you could tell someone dropped it during either packaging or shipping (the UPS store packed it).

I cannot believe that this guy is telling you to be patient while he files the claim. That is complete bullshit. If it wasn't working when you got it, and it was working when he shipped it, then obviously a carrier claim needs to be filed, but in the meantime, the buyer should be REFUNDED.

tEh koRnDog
08-02-2007, 11:37 PM
good luck with this guy.

I hope you get your money back, total bullshit hes making you wait....if he even gets back to you.

ravendarat
08-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Proper conduct would dictate that he refund you the money immediatly upon discovery that the deck didnt work and he deal with the carrier. Jason is clearly in the wrong here. He can complain about not wanting to be stuck holding the bag here but that is his responsibility as a seller, plain and simple

vvblazers777
08-03-2007, 02:31 AM
That is complete bs. If your an honest seller, refund the guy his **** money. Sounds like to me also he needed money, and sold you a nonworking deck. You should file a claim with paypal, asap before you've waited to long. Also, I've heard stories any time he puts money in his banking account paypal will try and reverse it to you. Good luck bro.

bk12321
08-03-2007, 12:19 PM
In the event of a carrier claim, the seller is supposed to REFUND the buyer and take appropriate action against the carrier themselves. I would have to say that in this case, it's seems as though he shipped you a broken H/U and is now trying to say the carrier is at fault.

On another note, I had an amp shipped to me with a piece of the mounting tab broken and their was no damage to the outside of the box, but you could tell someone dropped it during either packaging or shipping (the UPS store packed it).

I cannot believe that this guy is telling you to be patient while he files the claim. That is complete bullshit. If it wasn't working when you got it, and it was working when he shipped it, then obviously a carrier claim needs to be filed, but in the meantime, the buyer should be REFUNDED.

Thats what I told him, I should have immediately received a refund, and he had the balls to say "NO, what's to keep you from scamming me when you have the money and the radio?". Ohhh, just maybe my 35+ positives on this forum alone, plus 140 on ebay, 20 on heatware, to name a few, he's just making excuses so he doesn't have to refund me... And yes, I think that that is what happened, I think he wanted a way out, so he shipped me a POS headunit and ****ed me over.

good luck with this guy.

I hope you get your money back, total bullshit hes making you wait....if he even gets back to you.

Agreed, thanks man :) I dont think I will be getting any money back, so i'm not waiting on him to get back to me. He told me he was going to file the claim LAST saturday, and hes told me nothing about anything regarding to a claim to reestablish some credibility. BS.

Proper conduct would dictate that he refund you the money immediatly upon discovery that the deck didnt work and he deal with the carrier. Jason is clearly in the wrong here. He can complain about not wanting to be stuck holding the bag here but that is his responsibility as a seller, plain and simple

Yeah, ive told him that, a hundred thousand times ive told him that, and to quote him from an email:

you make absolutely no sense, you are a moron.

That is complete bs. If your an honest seller, refund the guy his **** money. Sounds like to me also he needed money, and sold you a nonworking deck. You should file a claim with paypal, asap before you've waited to long. Also, I've heard stories any time he puts money in his banking account paypal will try and reverse it to you. Good luck bro.

Thanks for the help man, Ive never heard of paypal doing that but I will look into it.

bk12321
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, hopefully some more people will see it so he doesnt **** them over too.

Also, Paypal claim started!! Not that i'm expecting much from that but we'll see ;)

bk12321
08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
bump for GOING ON 21 DAYS with no refund and barely any communication

GREAT business ethics, Jason.

bk12321
08-05-2007, 02:44 PM
keeping this bumped

AwaySooner
08-05-2007, 04:04 PM
When you open a paypal dispute, make sure you post requests or any communication only via paypal, after reasonable time, file a claim. That's what you should've done in the beginning, let paypay documents all communication, then the claim is most like decided in your favor. Then again, I always use Credit Card via paypal, no matter what paypal said. One Phone call and I get my money back first, and let the credit card company deals with paypal.

Prowler573
08-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Thats what I told him, I should have immediately received a refund, and he had the balls to say "NO, what's to keep you from scamming me when you have the money and the radio?". Ohhh, just maybe my 35+ positives on this forum alone, plus 140 on ebay, 20 on heatware, to name a few, he's just making excuses so he doesn't have to refund me... And yes, I think that that is what happened, I think he wanted a way out, so he shipped me a POS headunit and ****ed me over.
Please do not think I'm taking the position that you're in the wrong here. I don't. Quite the opposite in fact. But please do not think an abundance of positive feedback is an avenue to claiming immunity to becoming a pondscum scammer. Think ~ Shane (HCCAfan) He had who bloody knows how many positive transactions here. Then his little system fell apart but he neglected to tell anybody that little tidbit of important information and continued to take money for product he couldn't deliver.
As I understand it he made off with more than just a bit of several folks' hard-earned cash.

bk12321
08-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Please do not think I'm taking the position that you're in the wrong here. I don't. Quite the opposite in fact. But please do not think an abundance of positive feedback is an avenue to claiming immunity to becoming a pondscum scammer. Think ~ Shane (HCCAfan) He had who bloody knows how many positive transactions here. Then his little system fell apart but he neglected to tell anybody that little tidbit of important information and continued to take money for product he couldn't deliver.
As I understand it he made off with more than just a bit of several folks' hard-earned cash.

Oh, I definitely agree with you there. But, think of it this way. Do you think it's MORE likely for 1) someone with no feedback who needs the money or 2) someone with lots of feedback and posts here daily who needs the money, to scam someone?

Anyone can just snap and start scamming people, but it's more likely for someone with no reason to want to stay here.

bk12321
08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
When you open a paypal dispute, make sure you post requests or any communication only via paypal, after reasonable time, file a claim. That's what you should've done in the beginning, let paypay documents all communication, then the claim is most like decided in your favor. Then again, I always use Credit Card via paypal, no matter what paypal said. One Phone call and I get my money back first, and let the credit card company deals with paypal.

Not worried about it... moneys just money. Besides, If I can sell the deck for what I want i'll only be out about 50 bucks, and its worth it for not having to put up with Jason's immature bullshit.

I will escalate the dispute on paypal in a day or two.

Prowler573
08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Oh, I definitely agree with you there. But, think of it this way. Do you think it's MORE likely for 1) someone with no feedback who needs the money or 2) someone with lots of feedback and posts here daily who needs the money, to scam someone?
I'll happily concede that the former is considerably more likely to happen than the latter.

Anyone can just snap and start scamming people, but it's more likely for someone with no reason to want to stay here.
Agreed.

delvryboy
08-06-2007, 02:51 PM
You only have 30 days to make a paypal claim. I would jump on it asap.

bk12321
08-06-2007, 02:56 PM
You only have 30 days to make a paypal claim. I would jump on it asap.

Already jumped :) thanks for keeping an eye out though.

bk12321
08-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I think 23 days constitutes a scammer, so its goin in my sig.

bk12321
08-08-2007, 06:56 PM
bump

mods, can I possibly get this thread moved to the bad feedback section?

buddyleee5
08-08-2007, 11:03 PM
you should have looked through the feedback section on here. A few months back Jason sent me a pair of headrest monitors which were advertised as brand new and the cases on both monitors was broken and in awful condition. He refused a refund so I issued a chargeback through my creditcard company and got my money back that way.
link to the thread. I charged him back and sent him back his POS monitors and got my money back.
I VOUCH FOR A SCAMMER
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211792&highlight=drpdmazda

bk12321
08-09-2007, 12:17 AM
you should have looked through the feedback section on here. A few months back Jason sent me a pair of headrest monitors which were advertised as brand new and the cases on both monitors was broken and in awful condition. He refused a refund so I issued a chargeback through my creditcard company and got my money back that way.
link to the thread. I charged him back and sent him back his POS monitors and got my money back.
I VOUCH FOR A SCAMMER
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211792&highlight=drpdmazda

I did look through the feedback section. If I would have seen that I would have probably given the headunit a second thought, the only thing I saw were positives. Thanks for the info though.

****** sellers FTL.

bk12321
08-09-2007, 06:19 PM
bump

mods, can I possibly get this thread moved to the bad feedback section?

Bump

CaliforniabOY5
08-10-2007, 03:36 AM
sorry this happend....... i'll give ya 50 bucks for the HU :yumyum:

bk12321
08-10-2007, 08:06 PM
sorry this happend....... i'll give ya 50 bucks for the HU :yumyum:

hahaha no thx. nice try though!

bk12321
08-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Bump.

I love how some admins were telling me Jason sounded SOOO legit when he wouldnt refund me and wanted to file a claim with USPS in the beginning.

Prowler573
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Adding shipping insurance to packages being sent out isn't only to protect the buyer ~ it's also to protect the seller :fyi:

Anyone who has ever bought anything from me can attest to the fact that I package my shipped items adequately to allow for them to withstand a mild hurricane or moderately severe abuse from baggage handlers.

If you receive something from me that isn't in the shape I/its pictures described to you prior to shipment I can promise you it wasn't my fault. I'm not going to come out-of-pocket to refund you either. I'm going to go through the process of filing the insurance claim and when that gets paid then so will the person that money rightfully belongs to.

Had he been legit to begin with this wouldn't have been an issue.

bk12321
08-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Adding shipping insurance to packages being sent out isn't only to protect the buyer ~ it's also to protect the seller :fyi:

Anyone who has ever bought anything from me can attest to the fact that I package my shipped items adequately to allow for them to withstand a mild hurricane or moderately severe abuse from baggage handlers.

If you receive something from me that isn't in the shape I/its pictures described to you prior to shipment I can promise you it wasn't my fault. I'm not going to come out-of-pocket to refund you either. I'm going to go through the process of filing the insurance claim and when that gets paid then so will the person that money rightfully belongs to.

Had he been legit to begin with this wouldn't have been an issue.

While I agree with packing > insurance and have been absolutely CRAZY and meticulous about my packaging lately after ****ing up a sub in transit...

I don't agree with you holding on to someone else's money if YOUR package is damaged. If you pack as well as you say, and the package was damaged, then the claim should easily be awarded in your favor, so you should immediately refund the buyer upon knowing that the package was messed up by the shipper, after receiving the package back from the buyer.

I don't see why the buyer should have to wait while you have their money, when all they did was just wait on a package. They had NO control on 1) how well it was packed and 2) how the package was treated during transit.

And if you pack well enough, almost NOTHING can mess it up.

Either way, at least if he was legit I mightve gotten something out of it in the end. That would have been better than nothing.

Prowler573
08-11-2007, 07:30 PM
While I agree with packing > insurance and have been absolutely CRAZY and meticulous about my packaging lately after ****ing up a sub in transit...

I don't agree with you holding on to someone else's money if YOUR package is damaged. If you pack as well as you say, and the package was damaged, then the claim should easily be awarded in your favor, so you should immediately refund the buyer upon knowing that the package was messed up by the shipper, after receiving the package back from the buyer.
In every transaction of this type (online purchase - whether it be from an individual from here or some actual online business) there are three parties involved: (1) The buyer (2) The seller (3) The courier.
Each plays their own integral role in throughout the process.
(1) The buyer's responsibility is to pay up in a timely manner. That's pretty much the long and short of the buyer's participation.
(2) The seller's responsibility is twofold ~ package the item[s] securely to avoid damage in transit and ship in a timely manner once payment in full has been tendered. The former of those two responsibilities is generally considerably more important than the latter
(3) The courier's responsibility, once the package[s] has/have been tendered into their custody for shipment, is to get said shipment to its destination in (a) a timely manner and (b) in one piece safely. This part in bold is completely out of the immediate control of both the buyer and the seller.

If I have done my part and packaged my shipped item(s) in a safe and secure manner (please feel free to ask any of my previous trading partners on how well I do or do not package my shipped purchases) then should the commercial courier of my choice feel the need to abuse those items while under their control then why should the seller be penalized for it? Any moreso than the buyer?

I cannot speak for the ethics of any individual here or elsewhere outside of my own. I know I pack stuff well. I know that each and every item I have ever sent out was either exactly as described or better than described when it leaves here.
Therefore the payment I have accepted for any of those items is payment for something I no longer have once it leaves here en route to its new owner.
If the shipment is damaged in transit I no longer own the same thing I sent out, do I?
I'm not giving up money which paid for something that isn't going to be returned to me in exactly the shape it left in ~ which, in my mind, is the reason for insuring it in the first place - if they screw it up then they can pay for their mistake! Because, quite frankly, I'm not doing it.

I don't see why the buyer should have to wait while you have their money, when all they did was just wait on a package. They had NO control on 1) how well it was packed and 2) how the package was treated during transit.
Why should the seller be the one to wait? There's two sides to every coin, fella. The seller has no more control over the treatment that package recieved in transit anymore than the buyer does. :fyi:

And if you pack well enough, almost NOTHING can mess it up.
Have you seen some of the horror stories about abused packages via UPS, DHL, FedEx, USPS, all/any of them?
Sometimes package handlers get bored. Apparently one method of quelling that boredom is to pick a package at random and play soccer with it in the sorting room.
It happens. There's no avoiding it 100% of the time. All you can do is hedge your bets and package as securely as possible, add insurance to the shipment in a sufficient amount that it covers your buyer's expenditure if need be, and then pray while the package in en route. :laugh:

Either way, at least if he was legit I might've gotten something out of it in the end. That would have been better than nothing.
Agreed.

bk12321
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Why should the seller be the one to wait? There's two sides to every coin, fella. The seller has no more control over the treatment that package recieved in transit anymore than the buyer does. :fyi:

The seller at LEAST has control over how the item is packed, and trust me YOU CAN pack something well enough for it to not get damaged very easily at all.

When I shipped my Orion HCCA-D5000, I packed it well enough to protect it from a 4foot drop, and I "tested" the packaging before I shipped it. I also insured it, but the best insurance is good packaging.

Have you seen some of the horror stories about abused packages via UPS, DHL, FedEx, USPS, all/any of them?
Sometimes package handlers get bored. Apparently one method of quelling that boredom is to pick a package at random and play soccer with it in the sorting room.
It happens. There's no avoiding it 100% of the time. All you can do is hedge your bets and package as securely as possible, add insurance to the shipment in a sufficient amount that it covers your buyer's expenditure if need be, and then pray while the package in en route. :laugh:

Yes I have seen some pretty ****ed up packages. The majority of those packages that I saw were not up to par on the packaging though. I've seen some subs that SHOULD have been destroyed which arrived 100% fine.

Your best bet is to pack EVERYTHING as if it were about to go through a hurricane.

I do agree that you cant avoid it 100% of the time though. There's only so much protecting you can do if someone wants to really **** something up.