PDA

View Full Version : help with decision on component speakers

AllThingsEnd
07-20-2007, 06:42 PM
i want to upgrade the stock speakers and was looking at some component speakers. im trying to decide which ones to get. i usually like hearing the speakers first hand before buying but where i am now i cant really do much shopping around. theres no good places here, either theyre some cheapskate place thats selling 8-10 year old equipment or an expensive place that doesnt have half the stuff theyre selling on display. i need a 6.5" speaker, the tweeter size doesnt matter. im running a pioneer p880prs HU. no amp or subs yet, but will add some in the near future.
these speakers were offered to me at about $150 or less. either of them any good for that price or can i get something better?
RE RE6.5
diamond hex s600s
Kenwood Excelon (not sure on the model number)
Elemental Designs eDi 6000s v.2 System
PG RSD65cs

AllThingsEnd
07-21-2007, 01:01 AM
anyone?

cougarsd
07-21-2007, 03:01 AM
best out of these should be Diamonds S600S but I'm not sure that they did offered at that price ($150), they usually retails for $260 plus, if that is the case and they are brand new you got yourself a very and i meand vey good deal.
I think he should offer you Diamonds D661s o "a" which the last letter call for the type of tweeter (silk or aluminum).
On the other side RSD's are kind of expensive since you can get them from and authorized dealer (onlinecarstereo) for $129 shipped or at e-bay from $87 dlls. shipped and they are a great buy for the money, there are a lot of good reviews and happy people with this comps.

genxx
07-21-2007, 03:14 AM
PG Rsd are a super buy. They have a very good rep from many reviews. If that is $150.00 new for the Diamonds you are getting one hell of a deal, buy them now. If you don't like them you can def get your money you paid for them if not a little more re-selling them.

My picks:
Diamond HEX
PG Rsd

CaliforniabOY5
07-21-2007, 03:16 AM
from what i've HEARD the eD 6k is really baseed off a CDT component set. . . . . .. you can get more info on em @ ICIX forums. . . they all **** Ben's ****. . . . they all love eD.... but PG RSD have a great review base.

AllThingsEnd
07-21-2007, 08:52 AM
thanks for all the info, the diamonds are not new, they are used, but i can get them for 150$. so you guys think those are the best for the price?

AllThingsEnd
07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
anyone else have any recommendations?