PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow question: SLC 265 coming with the CAL25 tweeter?

dwynne
07-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I read that the SLC series is going to be shipped with the CAL25 tweeter (same as the Germanium and CMX series). Is this correct? If so, couldn't you make a case for waiting to buy?

It must be true, I read it on the Internet :)

Dennis

Latina33
07-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Not sure as of yet, but it would be nice if Rainbow gave you an option of either a silk or the CAL25 titan tweet for the SLC set. Offering an option like that would probably be a good way to help bring customers in.

I'm pretty sure the Germaniums only come with a silk tweet...I believe it's a CAL25 silk.

I have the CMX's....they're veeery nice! :yumyum:

bk12321
07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Not sure as of yet, but it would be nice if Rainbow gave you an option of either a silk or the CAL25 titan tweet for the SLC set. Offering an option like that would probably be a good way to help bring customers in.

I'm pretty sure the Germaniums only come with a silk tweet...I believe it's a CAL25 silk.

hey jw but whats the price diff between cmx's and slc's???

Latina33
07-19-2007, 06:50 PM

I'm not sure of the exact amount brand new, man....I bought each of the sets I own used. But I believe brand new there's about a $50 or so price difference, the CMX's of course being a little more expensive. Here's a couple of pics of one of my SLC Kick mids next to one of my CMX mids. The CMX mid is definitely beefier and looks to be built to handle more power better than the SLC Kick mid.

dwynne
07-19-2007, 07:25 PM

On the Premier audio web page it shows $260 and $319 for the SLC 265 / 265 kicks, $359/$379 for the CMX 265/265 kicks, and $570 for the Germanium.

The cal25 silk tweeters go for $299/pair on the page and no price shown for the CAL 2045 tweeter that comes with the SLC now.

I am thinking maybe this is not true - since they would be selling me the SLC 265 comp set for less than they sell the tweets for alone :confused: .

It could be that they will offer a SLC with either tweeter and charge a good bit more for the CAL25 models? They offer some choices on some of the lines now - between hard dome and soft dome tweets.

Dennis

gsr22
07-19-2007, 09:35 PM
contact 3.5max6speed prices will be way less and a great seller

DejaWiz
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Contact them all:

3.5Max6Spd

6spdcoupe

PremierAudio

konechiwa
07-20-2007, 12:05 PM
or you could look right at the source:
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/files/dynamic/downloads/rainbow_800103_program_2007.pdf

be advised it is a PDF file and it will take a while to load. It's their new brochure. It's a new 25mm tweeter, so they say, but from what i've been told (from dealers around the forum) it is the Cal25.

dwynne
07-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Well it is over half way through 2007 I wonder when these "new" SLC 265.25s will start shipping?

Dennis

3.5Max6spd
07-20-2007, 02:29 PM

In the future, CMX's will be an alloy version of the SLC line to end confusion of the Powerline CS set.

The thing with Rainbow or most manufacturers is you cannot count on any deadlines. It took nearly year and change since they were added on their website for the US to have Germaniums available. Europes version of CES didnt take place well into the spring, and many well penetrated companies in the US market are just starting to get ready to release 07 product now that they showed at CES. Stuff takes time.