PDA

View Full Version : Line Drivers

Jep772
07-19-2007, 05:52 PM
i sold my clarion deck and EQ and bought a pioneer.. doing so i lost the 7v out from the EQ and my highs are dead now with the 4v from the pioneer. the bass didnt change too much. ive been looking for line drivers to get up to at least 8v (should have bought an eclipse)

hows this look:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERPLD10

or can anyone tell me what i should look into.. im trying to avoid an in dash EQ again i'd like to keep it in the trunk if possible

LOUD 4DOOR
07-19-2007, 07:08 PM
i sold my clarion deck and EQ and bought a pioneer.. doing so i lost the 7v out from the EQ and my highs are dead now with the 4v from the pioneer. the bass didnt change too much. ive been looking for line drivers to get up to at least 8v (should have bought an eclipse)

hows this look:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERPLD10

or can anyone tell me what i should look into.. im trying to avoid an in dash EQ again i'd like to keep it in the trunk if possibleID DO IT, IM SURE IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS...
I NEVER MESSED WITH LINE DRIVES CAUSE OF THE POWER WIRE AND NO ROOM FOR THE BOX, SO ILL NEVER KNOW EXCATLY HOW GOOD THEY ARE. ID TRY IT IF YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT WORK, THATS A CHEAP PRICE AND I ALSO HAVE 4 VOLT PRE OUTS AS WELL.I MIGHT MESS WITH IT SOON TOO

Max_Power
07-19-2007, 09:20 PM
why dont you just readjust the gains on your "highs" amp.

Jep772
07-20-2007, 01:07 AM
i did it still sounds bad.

tez4life
07-20-2007, 03:33 AM
Jep, I know you trying to avoid a indash EQ, have you considered a Audiocontrol Overdrive? Its going to be more that the linedriver you mention, but I have been very happy with my Four1 EQ/Linedriver and Audiocontrol makes quality products.

Its also small, would not have any problems mounting it in the car, and it has a gain on top and lights to let you know what its putting out.

vvblazers777
07-20-2007, 05:19 AM
Don't look to bad. Like someone mentioned above though, I'd look into an Audio Control.

bdawson72
07-20-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm just going to use an epicenter.

Even though I do have 8v preouts

Jep772
07-20-2007, 07:45 AM
i got this deck impulse/cheap, i went 2 days with no music and was bout to die, had i waited 2 more weeks i could have picked up something a little better :crap:

i looked at some of the audiocontrol stuff and the three,four/1 look nice but that price + what i paid for the deck = a cd5100

genxx
07-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Find one of the Phoenix Gold Line drives they can be had for about $50.00 bucks.