PDA

View Full Version : New Kenwood HU, less bass than my OEM!

stevedave
07-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey guys,

Just found this site, hope someone can help.

I purchased a Kenwood DPX-302 double din unit in my 2006 Kia Sedona. The Kia had a stock CD player with 6 speakers (2 in the back, 2 in the front doors, and 2 tweeters in the dash. For a stock system it sounded pretty good, this is not the Infinity system just oem. I upgradered the head unit so I could get iPod control as the Kia has no Aux inuts.

I did the install myself, purchased all the mounting kits and wiring through Crutchfield. The deck is working fine, but there is WAY less bass than my stock deck. Does this sound messed up? I've never replaced a stock HU and had it sound worse with the new deck. I've messed with every setting possible, and I can't get anywhere near the amount of bass I used to get with the stock HU.

So my question is, could this be something with my install, or just the way the Kenwood deck is made that it doesn't produce as much low end as my oem deck?

Thanks!

Chtis

brad1011a
07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Do you have any X-overs set?

SethPhillips
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
check to see if you have the + and - matched up. you might be out of phase..

stevedave
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Yup I bet it's the + -, I didnt even look when I installed, I just matched color. Rookie mistake. Time to go rip my car apart again.

Thanks!

stevedave
07-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Yup that was it, didn't have the + and - right. Now it's rocking. Thanks!

vvblazers777
07-20-2007, 04:18 AM
I had the same problem but it's now solved haha. Good job bro.