PDA

View Full Version : polk momo mmc6500?

armstrong
07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
ok i bought a set of these and i want to know what everyone thinks about these comps? i've heard real good things and i've also heard they're nothing special. :crap:

i need some reassurance! opinions please

tbasile1
07-16-2007, 11:42 PM
they look good, just from the forum, they seem actually pretty good, with good midbass!!

overall, a nice component set!

armstrong
07-16-2007, 11:44 PM
do you have any experience with them? ever hear them?

tbasile1
07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
sorry no, only the DB line ive heard, and they were pretty decent, and ive heard the MOMOs were a huge step up!!!

Latina33
07-17-2007, 10:56 AM
I've only heard the MMC6500's in soundboards at stereo stores, but even hearing them there, they sound pretty good.

If you give them 125-150w a side, they should do nicely for you.

armstrong
07-17-2007, 03:34 PM
bump?

Orion Man
07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Their a pretty nice comp set for the money. I would reccomend a good dose of power to make them shine!

DejaWiz
07-17-2007, 06:22 PM
They sounded good to me in a soundboard running of only 37.5w rms per channel. I can only imagine what they'd sound like on 100-150w rmspc.

XHiFiX
07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
ok i bought a set of these and i want to know what everyone thinks about these comps? i've heard real good things and i've also heard they're nothing special. :crap:

i need some reassurance! opinions please

They're terrible... J/K

But I don't understand why people buy things then do their research later. :eyebrow:

I mean you already bought them and soon you'll get to experience them first hand, so don't prejudge something based on opinions. Let your ears be your guide. :)

They're nice speakers btw. :p:

tigerf117
07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
x2 on that. Look at the guy who posted about the PPI component set he traded for. He did the trade, THEN asked whether he got a good deal. Ok haha

armstrong
07-18-2007, 01:48 AM
They're terrible... J/K

But I don't understand why people buy things then do their research later. :eyebrow:

I mean you already bought them and soon you'll get to experience them first hand, so don't prejudge something based on opinions. Let your ears be your guide. :)

They're nice speakers btw. :p:

oh trust me, i did my fair share of research on comps before i purchased. i read alot of good things and i also read that they're just average nothing special speakers. even when i hear them, i haven't really heard many systems in my day, so i really don't have much to compare them to lol.

oh and btw, i'm giving them 150 watts. :naughty:

konechiwa
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
i gave mine 95 watts and personally, i was NOT blown away. Their a good set, but their not spectacular. The person I sold them to was more then blown away by them however, so i suppose it is just personal preference.

The tweeters are crazy harsh though. I had them on -6db and i still thought they were to loud.

armstrong
07-18-2007, 12:24 PM
i gave mine 95 watts and personally, i was NOT blown away. Their a good set, but their not spectacular. The person I sold them to was more then blown away by them however, so i suppose it is just personal preference.

The tweeters are crazy harsh though. I had them on -6db and i still thought they were to loud.

:crap:

SRim23
07-19-2007, 12:01 AM

not all that blown away just couldnt find many sets that have a 2 1/8 inch flush mount cup....thats the size hole drilled into my door panel!!!! lol

not a big fan yet but its my first time going active so im sure my tuning isnt nearly what it could be..... ill keep ya updated.