07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
http://www.mecacaraudio.com/flyers/7-21-07IL.pdf

I will be there for sure!!

Tonyguy
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
****, i may have to be there!

Abel
07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
bump... This show will be worth the drive, so come compete if you can.

PatFitz9
07-18-2007, 12:39 PM
i'll be there. If anyone hasn't been to Abt, it's an awesome store also.

hazardous0388
07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
in meca shows, from my understanding, can you not play test tones, or is that just for certain classes? I was interested in going but I just don't understand some of the MECA rules. also its a 3 hour drive to that one, when the next weekend theres a dbdrag show in rockford at the american furniture and appliances thats closer to me.

lil_white_cavy
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
in meca shows, from my understanding, can you not play test tones, or is that just for certain classes? I was interested in going but I just don't understand some of the MECA rules. also its a 3 hour drive to that one, when the next weekend theres a dbdrag show in rockford at the american furniture and appliances thats closer to me.

the only classes you cant play test tones in meca is, AS classes and drive-by,

street, mod, mod-x and xtreme classes can play tones

hazardous0388
07-19-2007, 12:55 AM
how do they put you in classes? or how do you know what class to sign up for?

jblanford
07-19-2007, 01:02 AM
****it...there's never any shows closer to me :crap:

brtnboarder3241
07-19-2007, 01:09 AM
**** is it in cook county or st clair county?

brtnboarder3241
07-19-2007, 01:14 AM
**** its only 47 minutes away never been to a car show i wanna go..lol but my girl leaves for 2.5 weeks on sunday so i got to spend saturday with her..o wait i also work 10-4 so that doesnt help..****.....they are never this close to me...fDSF;LKJSL5K4;534;L

mlstrass
07-19-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm going to swing by and check it out as I've never been to one. Maybe run into some of the locals on here...

tommyk90
07-19-2007, 03:32 PM
how do they put you in classes? or how do you know what class to sign up for?

The judges and other competitors such as myself can help you out with the proper class placement.

Bump for this show! The one they had back in 2005 was awesome and I'm hoping this one is just as good!

:fro:

Tonyguy
07-19-2007, 04:33 PM
The judges and other competitors such as myself can help you out with the proper class placement.

Bump for this show! The one they had back in 2005 was awesome and I'm hoping this one is just as good!

:fro:

They should have the show every year.

Abel
07-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Bump!! where all the Chicago people at????

Ricky616
07-20-2007, 12:52 AM
i will be at the abt show as well...:fro:

15nissen
07-20-2007, 02:06 AM
i guess ill swing by and say hello

brtnboarder3241
07-20-2007, 02:08 AM
**** i wanna go..

thesandman
07-20-2007, 02:11 AM
ill probably go

tommyk90
07-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Nighttime bump!

BassAce
07-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Too bad I can't go, I love those meca db drive by's.

mlstrass
07-21-2007, 10:37 PM
So who all showed up? I was there for a few hours and had never been to one before.

Didn't seem to be many cars competing and overall seemed pretty lame. I left at
2pm, so mabye it got better after that.

Loudest I saw was a 147.8 out of an older style caprice walled off with around 4 Hifonics subs off a BIG *** Hifonics amp, Goliath or Maximus or something. The douche kid they had doing the burps kept picking the wrong tones and messing things up.

Why don't they let you burp your own car???

Saw a few other set ups that appeared to be "killer" and did 130's or barely broke140's. Was hoping to see some 150+ cars, just to hear how loud that actually is, but no luck while I was there.

I did manage to get a free Kenwood t-shirt and the food was good.

Ran into some kids from Michigan who were having trouble with their Directed amps going into protect at 1ohm. I mentioned Sundown, so they wanted to see what I had. Long story short I demo'd Poison, Nothing But A Good Time and the "brains" of the bunch was pretty impressed and told me I should play some tones, so I played BoyZ In Da Hood and slowly kept turning it up. Once I got to full volume he just got a stupid look on his face, got out of the car, and walked away without saying a word...

Ran into PatFitz9 and got to hear his LMS4000. Bad *** looking sub and sure pumped out some clean/low bass for a 10".

Abel
07-21-2007, 11:10 PM
So who all showed up? I was there for a few hours and had never been to one before.

Didn't seem to be many cars competing and overall seemed pretty lame. I left at
2pm, so mabye it got better after that.

Loudest I saw was a 147.8 out of an older style caprice walled off with around 4 Hifonics subs off a BIG *** Hifonics amp, Goliath or Maximus or something. The douche kid they had doing the burps kept picking the wrong tones and messing things up.

Saw a few other set ups that appeared to be "killer" and did 130's or barely broke140's. Was hoping to see some 150+ cars, just to hear how loud that actually is, but no luck while I was there.

I did manage to get a free Kenwood t-shirt and the food was good.

Ran into some kids from Michigan who were having trouble with their Directed amps going into protect at 1ohm. I mentioned Sundown, so they wanted to see what I had. Long story short I demo'd Poison, Nothing But A Good Time and the "brains" of the bunch was pretty impressed and told me I should play some tones, so I played BoyZ In Da Hood and slowly kept turning it up. Once I got to full volume he just got a stupid look on his face, got out of the car, and walked away without saying a word...

Ran into PatFitz9 and got to hear his LMS4000. Bad *** looking sub and sure pumped out some clean/low bass for a 10".

There were several 150+ cars at the show, if you stayed till 2 pm then you had to of seen them. As for your car if it was soooo loud why didnt you compete?? You obviously didnt come near TommyK, Delvryboy, or myself.

tommyk90
07-22-2007, 12:27 AM
I hate it when people go to shows, and then don't introduce themselves. :(

So Taguchi
07-22-2007, 12:36 AM
The douche kid they had doing the burps kept picking the wrong tones and messing things up.

Are you saying they had some kid messing with your stereo playing it at full volume?

tommyk90
07-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Are you saying they had some kid messing with your stereo playing it at full volume?

No, one of the team maxxsonics guys was burping a FEW guys cars because they didn't know the proper procedure or what to play.

That was it.

Ricky616
07-22-2007, 01:17 AM
I hate it when people go to shows, and then don't introduce themselves. :(

x2 what car did u have mlstrass?

mlstrass
07-22-2007, 04:03 AM
There were several 150+ cars at the show, if you stayed till 2 pm then you had to of seen them. As for your car if it was soooo loud why didnt you compete?? You obviously didnt come near TommyK, Delvryboy, or myself.

Never said my car was "that" loud, it's just a decent daily driver. ***** I didn't run into you guys. I pretty much introduced myself to everyone that seemed social and hung around the testing tent for about an hour or so.

I knew TommyK was supposed to be there and really wanted to see his set up :crap:

mlstrass
07-22-2007, 04:06 AM
No, one of the team maxxsonics guys was burping a FEW guys cars because they didn't know the proper procedure or what to play.

That was it.

Well the few times I saw he wasn't doing any better of a job, probably since it wasn't his car. But one time he burped VERY low and everyone freaked out as the subs didn't like it :eek:

mlstrass
07-22-2007, 04:07 AM
x2 what car did u have mlstrass?

Black 2000 Altima parked about 2 cars outside the "competition" area on the Milwaukee ave side of the lot.

And I only "bounced" on the Mich kids cause they was WAY cocky!! :)

mlstrass
07-22-2007, 04:09 AM

So how did you guys do??? I only heard the viper, escalade, some pick up, and a few of the donks...

tommyk90
07-22-2007, 01:27 PM
So how did you guys do??? I only heard the viper, escalade, some pick up, and a few of the donks...

I did a 150.6 with the 10", chris did a 150.5 with his L7 15" setup (in a station wagon :) ), and abel only did a 148 because of a broken dustcap and loose screws holding the subs down.

Too bad you didn't stop by. :( I figured someone would have noticed the truck even though I had the windshield (and phat hertz banner) covered up to try and keep the cab temperature down.

delvryboy
07-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Don't forget, drive-by;)

Les did a 125.x, Tommy a 123 w/ 1 12", and myself a 126.1 :D

delvryboy
07-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Also, the show was a disappointment for a 3X at abt. About 20 competitors compared to the 100+ of years past.

BTW, those scores are at the headrest on musical notes(mid to low 40's), thats exactly what you'll hear if you want a demo. ;)

15nissen
07-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Don't forget, drive-by;)

Les did a 125.x, Tommy a 123 w/ 1 12", and myself a 126.1 :D

nice numbers. i got called into work......otherwise i would have been there for sure

Abel
07-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Also, the show was a disappointment for a 3X at abt. About 20 competitors compared to the 100+ of years past.

BTW, those scores are at the headrest on musical notes(mid to low 40's), thats exactly what you'll hear if you want a demo. ;)

"cough cough" mine was 36hz :naughty:

mlstrass
07-24-2007, 03:31 AM
It would have been nice if they announced the competitors and also gave a quick run down of what they were running equipment wise. Just something to get the crowd into it, hype it up, or something. Just seemed very "lame" for lack of a better word.

Congrats on your scores. So who took home a trophy?

tommyk90
07-24-2007, 03:47 AM
It would have been nice if they announced the competitors and also gave a quick run down of what they were running equipment wise. Just something to get the crowd into it, hype it up, or something. Just seemed very "lame" for lack of a better word.

Congrats on your scores. So who took home a trophy?

Well, the show turnout was also pretty lame unfortunately.

Usually the action at "larger" shows is pretty good, and the crowd gets into driveby since it's a more "spectator friendly" competition with the cars playing music and whatnot.

The termlab actually does announce the person before they do their run, but you probably couldn't hear it over the music coming from the demo vehicles that were there.