PDA

View Full Version : Adding mini tweeters in parallel or series?

aweir
07-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Hi I'm new to car audio but I was wondering. I just purchased a JVC head unit and some 6.5" two-ways. I also have a set of (low wattage) Optimus mini tweeters I bought a while ago. These are very small and are designed for car audio to enhance the highs to where you want them.

I don't fully understand the differences between series wiring and parallel wiring these 2-ways and tweeters. I don't know the ohms of the tweeters but can I assume they're 4 ohm? And if I wire them in parallel will this still lower them to 2 ohms and is this safe for a 4 to 8 ohm stable unit?? I read the manual and the JVC unit does not seem to be 2 ohm stable.

I don't want to damage anything. Would wiring the tweeters to the 2-ways in series or parallel be a better option? I should add that the unit is 20X4 watts at 4 ohms. And the 2-ways are Sony 40W RMS.

aweir
07-16-2007, 12:32 PM
What's the mater with this thread? It loads forever and the reply is blank.

If this is a joke....
if you're going to reply at least bother to type SOMETHING instead of a blank message.

tbasile1
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM
hes spammed this whole site, jus another one of his many many blank posts

aweir
07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
And doesn't this forum have any kind of moderation?

jdawg
07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
paralell them, shouldnt have a problem

jdawg
07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
And doesn't this forum have any kind of moderation?

actually no it doesnt, we do it on purpose just to make you ask questions

IamDeMan
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
And doesn't this forum have any kind of moderation?bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Yes. When it suits them :p: