PDA

View Full Version : hoodedreeper here!

hoodedreeper
07-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Hello all!

My name is Chris aka hoodedreeper,i'm 17 from Norwich,England

I currently drive a Nissan Micra 1.0L twin cam 16V with an average ICE install.

I'm running:

Fusion head unit
x2 12" Fusion Encounter subs
x2 300W Fusion Encounter amps
Fusion wiring

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/hoodedreaper/My%20Micra/Picture-105.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/hoodedreaper/My%20Micra/Picture-112.jpg

Done a good job hiding the wires aswell ^^

Anyway i'm soon to have a custom install done including 2 more 12" subs,more amps,fusion front speakers with cross overs and tweeters.

Hope to chat to ya all soon :)

Prowler573
07-15-2007, 12:49 PM
:wave:
Welcome to the forum.
Is that sub enclosure one of Fusion prefab ones?

Nissan doesn't sell the Micra on this side of the pond so to most of us here on the forum that's going to be a somewhat unusual install you've got going.

Before you get too far off into a big, involved something-or-other something to keep in mind is that I'd wager Nissan didn't see fit to include a high-output alternator on a car fitted with a 1.0L engine.

Consequently you're going to have a hard time supporting a truly "big" audio setup in there.

Just some food for thought...

hoodedreeper
07-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Ah thats cool,glad to be unique this time :) Take it this forum is based in the US? Yes the fusion subs are a package deal they offer.I've got another box with 2x 12's and a a 4 channel amp sitting here ready to go in.Thats when then install build starts.

Yes i am aware my battery and alternator will be affected and i'm in the middle or sorting that out :)

thanks for the warm welcome

blackbonnie
07-15-2007, 12:55 PM
welcome to the site

DARKHART
07-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Welcome reeper........:D :D :D

Prowler573
07-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Ah thats cool,glad to be unique this time :) Take it this forum is based in the US? Yes the fusion subs are a package deal they offer.I've got another box with 2x 12's and a a 4 channel amp sitting here ready to go in.Thats when then install build starts.

Yes i am aware my battery and alternator will be affected and i'm in the middle or sorting that out :)

thanks for the warm welcome
Yep - we're based stateside and the vast majority of the regular forum members are also here....but certainly anyone with an interest in aftermarket mobile A/V gear is welcome no matter their specific location on the globe. :D

We've got members from Canada, one or two from down in South America, a handful from Australia, as well as other spots.

C'mon in and have a seat! We're glad to have you and welcome your input.

It's good to see that you're already on top of the charging system issue for your Micra. I didn't want to make an uneducated assumption on your knowledge level which is why I offered that tip merely as some food for thought. Some people would know that it is an issue that would eventually have to be addressed while for some others it is something that would never occur to them in a million years. I didn't know which group you fell into and it's good to know that you are in the former rather than the latter.

As your setup and its resultant install progresses please be aware that here on CarAudio.com pics are king! We love to see them and we'll be looking forward to hearing about (and seeing!) your progress.

You're welcome for the welcome. :laugh:
Looking forward to seeing what eventuates with Project Micra!

hoodedreeper
07-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah you werent to know so thats fine :) Yeah i'll definately keep you all updated with the progress!

I know this isnt my car,but here is my friend's Nissan Micra with his install:

> YOUTUBE LINK < (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcVkzXaR-EI)

90accordman
07-17-2007, 02:56 AM
welcome aboard

brtnboarder3241
07-17-2007, 02:58 AM
welcome to ca.com

tEh koRnDog
07-17-2007, 02:58 AM
welcome to the site

holy **** batman

what a post *****

smd4life
07-17-2007, 02:59 AM
yo

BassAce
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
hey

CRAZYCORNUTS18
07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
welcome

konechiwa
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
where are you going to put the 2 extra subs? i see no room in that tiny car!

denim
07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello

vvblazers777
08-12-2007, 03:33 AM
welcome to ca!