PDA

View Full Version : Boston pro 60s and jl 450/4?

fratch69
07-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, i have a pair of the pro 60s i recently purchased to replace a pair of Infinity Kappas as my front stage. I still have Kappas in the rear (i like the sound of rear fill:eyebrow: ) that i will also be running. For now ive been running the Pros and Kappas off a Rockford P450.4. It sounds great but i know the Bostons are vary power hungry. I made a deal with my local audio store to trade my Rockford and 400$ for a brand new 450/4 Jl audio (authorized dealer). My question is should i run the Bostons off the 150x2 front channel and the Kappas off the rear channel 75x2, or should i just power the Kappas off the HU and give the 75x2 to the Boston tweets:yumyum: I am going to install this today and i need help deciding what to do. I am still vary new to car audio and i want the best sounding setup. I have heard tweets dont need to much power to sound good so i am leaning towrds using the rear channel on the Kappas. Please give me your suggestion on this. Thanks for any help in advance,,,, Brian

tbasile1
07-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Well if you want your Kappas to be heard and sound good, you would prolly want to amp them

alphakenny1
07-13-2007, 07:48 PM
actually if you run the kappas off of the hu and run the 75 x 2 on the tweets, you are actually losing power on your tweets ;). the only reason you'd want to run the 150 x 2 on the mids and 75 x 2 on the tweets is to bi-amp them in turn, you'll gain more over individual speakers.

fratch69
07-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to power my Kappas in the rear doors with the 75x2. This Jl amp makes the Bostons sound incredible. They are so detailed and crisp. I only listend to the new setup for 20 min and my ears are still ringin from over an hour ago:eek: . I am so happy with the setup. With my 2 12inch Massive CWs in the back evrything blends togather so well. Thanks again

tbasile1
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Glad you like it, you got a real nice system put together!

fratch69
07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Glad you like it, you got a real nice system put together!

Thanks alot. I have put alot of time and $ into this. Well worth it!!!!