PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood DDX8019 vs Eclipse AVN6610

DoubleBass07
07-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Hey Folk's, Which DD unit is better for sound Quqlity, I already bought the 6610
from cruthfield last week, still new in box so I might return it for the 8019
If the SQ is better. The kenwood with the navigation option will cost $300
more then the eclipse which was $1700.

genxx
07-12-2007, 07:37 AM
You are no going to be able to hear any difference. They both are using:
24 Bit DACs
5 volt pre-out
Both have some sort of EQ function

It's going to come down to looks, price and personnel preference. I like Eclipse products but thats just personnel preference nothing more. I like the 6610 but the are both even on SQ.IMO

RunninRedline
07-12-2007, 06:57 PM
I tend to disagree with the whole you wont be able to hear it principle the higher S/N ratio you have the less likely you are to have static and engine whine coming through your speakers. So in my honest opinion the Kenwood has 5dB higher which at higher volumes will be more noticeable. If you're going to listen at normal levels and you don't have a good set of components up front then there is no reason to switch out.

bk12321
07-12-2007, 07:00 PM
****, in a few days i'll have a nice alpine flip out, with a separate dvd receiver and another separate nav unit.

if u want first dibs, no one else really knows im gonna sell it yet, pm me. itll definitely be cheaper than $1700.

ive actaully already got both the dvd rec/nav unit, im just waitin on the flip out screen. they are used though so no warranty, if thats an issue for u then sorry : /