PDA

View Full Version : Should I send it back or just...

mightycrappy
07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Well I have a Clarion DXZ575USB.
I have had it for about 2 months. About a month ago I got some Infinity Ref. 6022si's. Well they are 2 ohm speakers and the Stereo outputs 4 Ohms. So after about a few weeks of everything being ok, my stereo doesn't output any sound. Everything works but just no sound. I was told I possibly damaged internal amp of HU.

So what I want to know is,
Should I send the HU back and get it fixed? God knows how long that'll take.
Or do I keep stereo and just buy an amp and hook it up to my preouts?

I'm just not sure how long it'll take for Clarion to fix my stereo (well they'll probably just send me a different Refurbished unit), but I don't know how their turn around time is.
So should I send back? Or just buy an amp (which I'll need to regardless)?
I really want to send back, but just don't want to wait a couple months possibly for a new HU.
What to do, what to do?

mightycrappy
07-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Anyone?
Cause if I am going to send it back the RMA number will be no good if I don't ship by Friday. So I need some opinions.

azbass
07-11-2007, 09:12 PM
why did you run 2 ohm speakers on a deck that supports 4ohm speakers?

BassAce
07-11-2007, 09:15 PM
why did you run 2 ohm speakers on a deck that supports 4ohm speakers?

I guess the answer would be noobism. Try calling them and ask for a quote.

Qbenjamin
07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Operator Error.

mightycrappy
07-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Well actually it said on Infinity's website that the speaker would work with 4 ohm output. And Yes noobism too. Everyone starts somewhere.

"Infinity Reference speakers have two-ohm voice coils. This unique approach extracts more power from your amp or head unit. Many factory OE systems include two-ohm speakers. Infinity Reference speakers are perfect for those applications.If your head unit or amplifier is rated to drive a four-ohm load, Infinity Reference speakers are still the best option."

Found Here (http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=REF6022SI&cat=REF&ser=REF&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA)

But apparently they and myself don't know ****

So does that count for user error? Or noobism, if they stated that on their website?

Anyone want to actually answer my question instead of just talking crap?

mightycrappy
07-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Wow all I want is people's opinion on what they would do. Send back? Keep and just use Preouts which will have to use anyways.
Why can't I get a straight forward answer and not some stupid noob comment.
63 people have viewed this and nobody cares to help give an opinion. That's awesome.

pickup1
07-12-2007, 01:28 AM
send it back,then buy an amp.

whitemax
07-12-2007, 02:17 AM
That sounds like the best way to go.

Stel
07-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Send it back and buy an amp. Do it right, before the warranty runs out. Like someone already suggested, call them and find out how long it will take (and if its covered). It's up to you if it's too long to wait.

mightycrappy
07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Well I'll have to send it into where I bought. I already called and talked to them. I called Clarion and they said call where I bought it until store warranty runs out.
So I called where I bought it and they said, I'd have to send it in, then their tech will take a look at it and needs to duplicate the problem. If he decides it is damaged then they will send it into Clarion to have them look at it and decide whether they will fix it or just send me a refurb. Then I'm guessing Clarion will send it back to them, then I'll have to wait for them to send back to me.
I am also worried that if they do send me a refurb. the faceplate won't be in as good condition as mine is now.
Oh well looks like I should send it back. Gonna go rip it out of my truck now. Just hope it doesn't take too long.

whitemax
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
That sounds like a crappy way to take care of a warranty issue by Clarion.

I am about to send my Eclipse CD7000 in because the units display sometimes turns white when the unit is first turned on. This only happens sometimes...I cannot duplicate this issue. I contacted Eclipse and they sent me out a box through DHL full of the popcorn stuff and insctructions on sending it back. It is also prepaid, and they supplied the shipping label as well. To me this is great customer service, I would not have expected all this. Having said that, I would also not have expected Clarion's customer service to be like you described. Good luck with your issue.

grizzly02
07-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I am very impatient as it seems you are. I know th answer is send it back, but I would sell it cheap to someone that knows of the problem, buy me a new one and then buy an amp as well! Just my $.02. I dop not understand why bthe store will not just give ya a new one! I had a ton of problems with my ALpine 9855, each time they gave me a brand new one right out of the store!

phantom240
07-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Buy an amp. You're not going to be able to run them on the internal amp if you get it fixed anyway.

whitemax
07-13-2007, 12:51 AM
I am very impatient as it seems you are. I know th answer is send it back, but I would sell it cheap to someone that knows of the problem, buy me a new one and then buy an amp as well! Just my $.02. I dop not understand why bthe store will not just give ya a new one! I had a ton of problems with my ALpine 9855, each time they gave me a brand new one right out of the store!

I am not really impatient, but do expect at least somewhat reasonable customer service. You having to ship the unit out to the store you got it from, then have them look at it, try to duplicate the problem.....then if it happens again (which ofcourse it will with the amp being out) they will finally ship it out to Clarion is a joke.

Why loose money on it when you don't have too? Send the unit in, and save that money that you were going to use towards an amplifier.

The store probably gave you a new because it was a different company (meaning they handle things differently), and those units also where known for having issues (meaning Alpine probably authorized them to just swap them out). Either way, Carion's way of handling this issue leaves alot to be desired....

mightycrappy
07-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah. I didn't think it'd be all this hard. I heard Clarions where good, and I wanted one that had USB, and the Clarions seemed like a good choice for what I could afford.
I was/am really happy with the HU. I would have liked to get something better, but for the price ($150) the Clarion seemed like a good deal. USB and the 6V preouts are really what helped sell me.
I'm more pissed at Infinity and their lying ***, more than I am at the on-line store I bought from and Clarion.
Yeah selling a broken unit and losing money on it was not an option. It took me a year till I had spare money to buy this Stereo after my 12 year old POS Pioneer got ripped off out of my vehicle.
Well I'll have to get an amp regardless because of my speakers. I don't want to run my speakers of internal amp again and possibly fry it again.
Was looking at a Cheap Profile or Power Acoustiks (Get a free amp kit if you buy a PA from millionbuy)
Will probably only be able to spend $100 shipped for an amp.
Thanks for the advice and help.