PDA

View Full Version : Cadence comps

tooshort_128
07-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Does anybody have any feedback on the Cadence CWM6-KIT components. I'm looking for a reasonably priced set of comps for the front stage of my 06 Durango that can handle some power. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

DejaWiz
07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
What's your budget for comps?

JasonPaul
07-11-2007, 04:52 PM
You have a PM TooShort_128

tooshort_128
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
My budget is around $150..........just looking for a decent set of comps to handle 100rms+. I don't want them to sound like sh@# though..........

tooshort_128
07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
the only reason I ask about the Cadence comps is because I can get them on ebay for like $85 shipped. They handle 100rms and don't seem that bad.

wlmrs
07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
the only reason I ask about the Cadence comps is because I can get them on ebay for like $85 shipped. They handle 100rms and don't seem that bad.

I bought my set on ebay bnib for $85.00 and they sound awesome.I'm running 100w rms to each side and they handle it with no problem.Great midbass with crisp clean highs.I'd go for it if I were you,you'll thank me later:)

tooshort_128
07-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I may go ahead and just get them and if I don't like 'em, sell 'em and get something else...........hope they're loud enough since I got 2 alpine type-x's.....lol

wlmrs
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
I may go ahead and just get them and if I don't like 'em, sell 'em and get something else...........hope they're loud enough since I got 2 alpine type-x's.....lol

What amp(s) are you running to the X's?

DejaWiz
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Also check eBay for the Blaupunkt Velocity Vc660 comps. Great midbass and smooth highs. Should be in the same price range of those Cadence comps (and I'd recommend them over the Cadence anyday).

If you want to spend more towards your budget max, look into the Phoenix Gold RSd65cs comps.... they'll love that kind of power and the midbass is awesome, according to reviewers. You can get them for $129 shipped from onlinecarstereo.com

tooshort_128
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm hoping to find a Hifonics BX2006 for my X's but right now I just have a JBL BP1200.1

And about the phoenix gold's, $129 sounds pretty good. I'm going to check them out. Thanks

JasonPaul
07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Also check eBay for the Blaupunkt Velocity Vc660 comps. Great midbass and smooth highs. Should be in the same price range of those Cadence comps (and I'd recommend them over the Cadence anyday).

If you want to spend more towards your budget max, look into the Phoenix Gold RSd65cs comps.... they'll love that kind of power and the midbass is awesome, according to reviewers. You can get them for $129 shipped from onlinecarstereo.com

What Cadence comps have you used?

tbasile1
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
And about the phoenix gold's, $129 sounds pretty good. I'm going to check them out. Thanks

Those are good comps, especially for the price, midbass is supposed to be really nice!!

tooshort_128
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I just saw the phoenix gold rds65cs on Ebay for 69.99+ shipping. If you guys think they're worth tryin and are better than the cadence, I'll get 'em.

tbasile1
07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Very good price on those RSDs

Ive never heard Cadence speakers though, maybe its worth a shot to buy em, theyre not that much more than the PGs

But just from the great things ive heard bout the PGs, thats what I would get

my .02 :)

DejaWiz
07-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I just saw the phoenix gold rds65cs on Ebay for 69.99+ shipping. If you guys think they're worth tryin and are better than the cadence, I'll get 'em.

Depends on who's selling them.

tooshort_128
07-13-2007, 09:53 AM
****, I'm interested in those used Crystals.............but tell me, how is the mid-bass with them. I've got type-x that slam down low and want something to compliment them.

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 09:54 AM
I still would like to know what Cadence comps you have used DejaWiz... :confused:

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I still would like to know what Cadence comps you have used DejaWiz... :confused:

Haven't wasted my money on any, personally. I have heard the CWM-6KIT (http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=126&idproduct=194) comps... meh....It's why I haven't wasted my money on any.

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Haven't wasted my money on any, personally. I have heard the CWM-6KIT (http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=126&idproduct=194) comps... meh....It's why I haven't wasted my money on any.

I find it hard to knock what I never used.. The CWM6 sound really good for the money its hard to complain about a $85 component kit.. How were they set up? and how much power where they seeing? What do you run in your car?

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
I find it hard to knock what I never used.. The CWM6 sound really good for the money its hard to complain about a $85 component kit.. How were they set up? and how much power where they seeing? What do you run in your car?

Mids in the doors, tweeters in the a pillars of a late 90's Civic powered by a RF P5002 (iirc) a couple years ago. Dunno... midbass just seemed a bit muddy to me and the tweeters seemed to overpower the mids. This is merely my opinion, so if you have used them with positive results, more power to ya my friend.

I run Alpine SPX-177R's biamped off an Infinity 7541a.

And why not knock them? I listened to them in a fairly decent install with decent power with the music I like to listen to. Heck, I've never used Dual speakers before, but I'll knock them all day long. And so will just about everyone else. :D But again, this is merely my opinion.

dragnix
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure Jason Paul is the owner of Cadence so....

and the CWM6 kit is decent for the price, unfortunately for my friend, his xover blew. And i've heard of others saying the xover on their cadence comps going out.

Not trying to start some e-drama, just saying from my experience :)

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 11:16 AM
and the CWM6 kit is decent for the price, unfortunately for my friend, his xover blew. And i've heard of others saying the xover on their cadence comps going out.

That's never fun to deal with. I think a good portion of car audio enthusiasts have had to do so as some point or another. :crap:

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't own Cadence but I do work for them.. If he needs a new xover I will be glad to help out.. We have the best customer service in the industry. I just wanted to find out why he was knocking the brand so bad..

genxx
07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I have not heard the Cadence speakers so cannot comment on them. I will say this the PG Rsd comps are hard to beat for the price. They sound dam good for the price. I have heard them several times and IMO compete nicely with some that cost 2x what they are going for.

genxx
07-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Jason-You guys need to get some of the higher end comps out there in the hands of guys to give some reviews. Seems people talk about cadence but most have not heard them and there are like no reviews from the general public. The PG Rsd have tons of reviews which is helping that comp set alot. If the cadence reviews are good or great mulitple times then people might start looking at them more often. Right now its a shot in the dark to find any user reviews on cadence.

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Mids in the doors, tweeters in the a pillars of a late 90's Civic powered by a RF P5002 (iirc) a couple years ago. Dunno... midbass just seemed a bit muddy to me and the tweeters seemed to overpower the mids. This is merely my opinion, so if you have used them with positive results, more power to ya my friend.

I run Alpine SPX-177R's biamped off an Infinity 7541a.

And why not knock them? I listened to them in a fairly decent install with decent power with the music I like to listen to. Heck, I've never used Dual speakers before, but I'll knock them all day long. And so will just about everyone else. :D But again, this is merely my opinion.

I wanted to find out how many component kits you have heard from Cadence. In your post you came across like you heard every Cadence component kit and they all **** according to you.. It is your opinion on what you like and don't like and thatís fine with me but I wouldn't knock all our products based on one kit... The CVL kit is the nicest kit we have and it can be purchased from me for less then you would think...

dragnix
07-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't own Cadence but I do work for them.. If he needs a new xover I will be glad to help out.. We have the best customer service in the industry. I just wanted to find out why he was knocking the brand so bad..

eh...not the best cs to be honest. My cwm6 kit didn't come with the grill frame(?) and i called and all they said was ok but didn't send me anything :confused: Oh well, i still sold that set :)

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I just wanted to find out why he was knocking the brand so bad..

Not the brand overall (some pretty decent amps, imo), just the CWM6 comps.

And like I stated previously, it is merely my opinion based on the exposure and experience I've had with the Cadence comps in question...which I will openly admit is very limited...that for a small investment more, there are better component speakers out there than the CWM6.

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 11:34 AM
eh...not the best cs to be honest. My cwm6 kit didn't come with the grill frame(?) and i called and all they said was ok but didn't send me anything :confused: Oh well, i still sold that set :)

How long ago did you buy them?

dragnix
07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
that was awhile back, like a year ago

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 11:39 AM
that was awhile back, like a year ago

I have only been here a year and had to fix a lot of problems that others had created. If you ask around on other forums you will see I take care of everyone and do my best to resolve any issues..

dragnix
07-13-2007, 11:40 AM
i've seen u around on caf.com and u seem like cool enough. I'm not mad at all about it and cadence makes some good products for the price. Things fall through the cracks and i understand, doesn't really matter to me much :)

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Jason-You guys need to get some of the higher end comps out there in the hands of guys to give some reviews. Seems people talk about cadence but most have not heard them and there are like no reviews from the general public. The PG Rsd have tons of reviews which is helping that comp set alot. If the cadence reviews are good or great mulitple times then people might start looking at them more often. Right now its a shot in the dark to find any user reviews on cadence.

Yea I know I am tring to get the product out and have reviews of them on the forums..

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 11:59 AM
The CVL kit is the nicest kit we have and it can be purchased from me for less then you would think...

My PM box awaits. :naughty:

dragnix
07-13-2007, 12:02 PM
can i have some for reviews :naughty:

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
My PM box awaits. :naughty:

You have a PM

dragnix
07-13-2007, 12:08 PM
where's my pm :(

:laugh:

ctmike
07-13-2007, 12:09 PM
pm'd you back jason. great price on the cvl set by the way! i can't give a review of the comps', yet, but i did order a txa1000d from jason. been running it 2ohm since getting it (about a month or so) with no problems at all. super fast shipping (got it the next day), unbelievable price (thanks again jason). great company to do business with so far from what i've seen and hopefully i'll be able to post a review on a comp set from them soon.

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 12:12 PM
can i have some for reviews :naughty:

I wish I was allowed to send a set out for review but I can not at this time.. I am in the process of talking the owners into letting a set or two to go out for review and to be passed around to different members but so far its a no go..

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 12:13 PM
hopefully i'll be able to post a review on a comp set from them soon.

Looking forward to the review.

genxx
07-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Npdang over on DIYcaraudio.com will give you one hell of a review and general includes the Klippel graphs as well. Set to a respected audio guy on here would help to and probably atleast a couple more sets need to go out.

Jason-I applaud you for your efforts. At some point maybe someone listens to you at cadence. Until then I think you will have alot of guys looking but not sure how many buying.

ctmike
07-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Looking forward to the review.

just got a very good price on the zxc-5kit so i should be ordering them soon and if all goes well the review will be up early next week:) but yeah, if anyone is thinking of cadence, definately pm jason. i don't want to put out the prices he offered to me, but i must say they are GREAT. thinking now of the cvl comp. set, coaxs', and a nice 4 channel for my girls car. at these prices i don't think i'll be dissappointed, and a full review of them will also be up to if i do it.

dragnix
07-13-2007, 12:29 PM
wat's cadence high-end comp, the cvl?

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 12:30 PM
wat's cadence high-end comp, the cvl?

Correct.

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Npdang over on DIYcaraudio.com will give you one hell of a review and general includes the Klippel graphs as well. Set to a respected audio guy on here would help to and probably atleast a couple more sets need to go out.

Jason-I applaud you for your efforts. At some point maybe someone listens to you at cadence. Until then I think you will have alot of guys looking but not sure how many buying.

I am waiting for Np to come back from vacation.. Who are the well respected guys on this forum?

genxx
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I do not hang out here to much but SQChevy if he is whiling. You can find a post from him and his accomplishments speak for themselves. Dejawiz is one here alot. alphakenny1, MiniVanMan I know have a ton of knowledge and have run alot of different brands. I know alphakenny1 he has ran Seas Lotus, Rainbow and several others so he has had some great stuff to compare them to. 6spdcoupe, Djdillion but I know both are reps and dealers for other brands. I would love to give a review but I do not have the time to do you justice. I am also only on here one something peaks my interest then I chim in. There are alot of other guys way better than me though.

Also alphakenny1 and MiniVanMan hang out on so many different forums you could knock out several forums with one stone.

Its just cadence has been peaking my interest level lately.

JasonPaul
07-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I do not hang out here to much but SQChevy if he is whiling. You can find a post from him and his accomplishments speak for themselves. Dejawiz is one here alot. alphakenny1, MiniVanMan I know have a ton of knowledge and have run alot of different brands. I know alphakenny1 he has ran Seas Lotus, Rainbow and several others so he has had some great stuff to compare them to. 6spdcoupe, Djdillion but I know both are reps and dealers for other brands. I would love to give a review but I do not have the time to do you justice. I am also only on here one something peaks my interest then I chim in. There are alot of other guys way better than me though.

Also alphakenny1 and MiniVanMan hang out on so many different forums you could knock out several forums with one stone.

Its just cadence has been peaking my interest level lately.

The way I am going I am hoping to bring a line in just for the guys on the net.. I just have to push a little harder here to get it done. We currently don't have any online retailers and I would like to change that or just offer some **** good products at a really low price from Cadence directly.. I brought the TX amps online to sell and they are doing well so far. I really want to bring some high end underrated amps packed with features to everyone online.. Since everyone would be buying directly from Cadence, the middle man would disapear and online sale prices would be so low everyone would win in the end..

DejaWiz
07-13-2007, 02:41 PM
The way I am going I am hoping to bring a line in just for the guys on the net.. I just have to push a little harder here to get it done. We currently don't have any online retailers and I would like to change that or just offer some **** good products at a really low price from Cadence directly.. I brought the TX amps online to sell and they are doing well so far. I really want to bring some high end underrated amps packed with features to everyone online.. Since everyone would be buying directly from Cadence, the middle man would disapear and online sale prices would be so low everyone would win in the end..

This is great news and I'd love to see it happen. Kudos and keep up the good work.

dragnix
07-13-2007, 10:15 PM
+1 for jason paul :)

DejaWiz
07-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I must have missed something here :crap: :crap:

Seems like "The Descendant" and "Gregory720" might be forum spambots setup by a disgruntled (ex)member?

Seems all of TD's posts are blank and G720's are the exact same tacked on to all threads; at least in the speakers subforum... I haven't wandered around just yet.

genxx
07-16-2007, 09:22 AM
IamDeMan-I read your review on the Cadence Comps. If you had to compare to another brand what would that be as far as sound.

IamDeMan
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM
IamDeMan-I read your review on the Cadence Comps. If you had to compare to another brand what would that be as far as sound.
I'd give them a nudge toward sounding like the CDT comps I used to run, except more sensitive and the tweeter blends a bit better(this could be because CDT uses a steeper slope though. I haven't had much experience with top shelf components before besides the CDTs I owned, so my scope is limited, but they definitely beat the crap out of my RFQs, and the infinity sets I used to run in the past.

6spdcoupe
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM

Jason,

If you still have my number give me a shout. I would love to touch base with you on a few things.

Also if you want to send me a set of what you think will be most popular I can give them some subjective reviews among myself and some audiphile alike coleagues. Of course you can have them back once finished. ;)

Safe_Cracker
07-18-2007, 10:34 AM
JasonPaul, I am interested in trying a couple sets of the CVL's (5K and 6K) for an install. I would also be willing to give a real world review with pics. I would be powering the two sets with a Kicker SX900.4, with all that DSP they should sound good and loud! Get a chance hit me here or at [email protected] Thankyou...Polo. :)

JasonPaul
07-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Jason,

If you still have my number give me a shout. I would love to touch base with you on a few things.

Also if you want to send me a set of what you think will be most popular I can give them some subjective reviews among myself and some audiphile alike coleagues. Of course you can have them back once finished. ;)

Email me... [email protected]

anibal
11-25-2007, 12:53 PM
I am still on the fence on these Cadence components, CWM6 (69.99!) or CVL6 ($1XX)

Also noticed the TX-6004 are gone from eBay. Is Cadence out on those?

Basically I wanted to run it 3 channel, small system for my hatchback car.

Other then that U can't beat buying direct!

off topic:
As a matter of fact I was also thinking on them Cadence satellite's for the house. currently we have in wall speakers but we are moving the 65" TV to another wall.

JasonPaul
11-26-2007, 12:43 PM
The auction ended early and will restart tonight but you can purchase the TXA6004directly from the outlet store..

Link
http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=124

I would run the CVL6k with the 6004 it would make a nice combo.. The 6004 might be a bit much for the CWM6k..

As far as the S-15 speakers make an offer on ebay or you can make a offer on the 5.1 package if you are doing a surround sound set up.