PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I have a question. Slightly n00bish?

Jameseypoo
07-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Alright, so I have a question... I have had the setup below for about... oh a couple years and have always enjoyed it. A little while ago, I had my buddy's kickers in my room and decided to take the sub out of the little creative labs box and hook up the two connections to a 4 ohm load (the kickers). Honestly, it sounded really good but I could never turn it up very high for a fear of clipping the internal amp pushing the "stock" sub. Those subs are now gone, but I'm getting ready to replace my subs in my car and was wondering if there was any way to use the 3 re8's in my room while still using the 5 computer speakers. They would all be running off of my computer. I plan on buying a plate amp (250 watt more than likely... 500 maybe but i doubt it) and no matter how much research I did I couldn't figure out if it was possible to do. I'm rambling.. I know. Any educated responses would be appreciated, let me know if I'm not being clear.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/31MMA392G8L._AA280_.jpg

bubbagumper6
07-10-2007, 12:30 AM
yeah man as long as you pay attention to the resistance you should be good

Jameseypoo
07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I understand that part of it, but how would I go about connecting the plate amp to the existing setup? I still want to use the volume remote and 5 speakers, but by looking at all the pictures of plate amps online have no clue how I would connect the two.

bubbagumper6
07-10-2007, 11:46 AM
well im not sure how you wire up plate amps but if they use RCA inputs, is there an RCA out on your system?

Or if the plate amp can use speaker wires in you can just tap into one of the channels I suppose...unless there's a crossover built in...you might not be able to hook them both up to run off the same remote...