PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What is Your Favorite Competition Organization?

ThomasG
07-09-2007, 10:34 PM
What is your Favorite/you compete most in...Vote

Pickler
07-09-2007, 10:35 PM
JL for sure

ThomasG
07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
JL for sure

jl?

inapontiac
07-10-2007, 01:46 AM
?? haha

Meca anyone? lol...

AudioAnonymous
07-22-2007, 12:15 PM
db drag is the best of the best. The meeting place.

sully72482
07-22-2007, 12:24 PM
db drag is the best of the best. The meeting place.

I second that. And JL??? hmmmmm. Something new perhaps? :laugh:

Intrepid Bass
07-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Bassrace.

assman
08-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Bassrace.

I'll second this one.Bass Race is the best.

AudioAnonymous
08-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I'll second this one.Bass Race is the best.
Quiet color stealer. :eek: :cool: :laugh:

cman0655555
09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
i prefer meca because IMO it is the most well rounded and evenly matched when competing.

snoopdan
09-13-2007, 11:37 AM
i prefer meca because IMO it is the most well rounded and evenly matched when competing.

x2 .. Meca events have always been friendly fun and affordable. And there are plenty scheduled in my state every year - unlike db drag events which are almost none. Also, it doesnt take a minmum of $5k in equipment to be competitive like it does for Db drag. Db drag has its place, but so does MECA.

80INCHES
09-13-2007, 11:42 AM
. Also, it doesnt take a minmum of $5k in equipment to be competitive like it does for Db drag. Db drag has its place, but so does MECA.

wow this is the first time i have 2 disagree with u
but in dbdrag u can compete with anything

i felt wierd saying that cuz i have the utmost respect for snoopdan

JLJunkieMX107
09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Did my first comp a few months ago at a MECA event. The guys were very helpful and didnt treat people like n00bs. At db drag events I have seen the judges treat people like crap and they act like they know everything. MECA ftw imo.

snoopdan
09-13-2007, 12:03 PM
wow this is the first time i have 2 disagree with u
but in dbdrag u can compete with anything

i felt wierd saying that cuz i have the utmost respect for snoopdan

I said to be competitive, not just to compete. Two totally different issues.

I mean, sure you can join up with dbdrag with a 1500 watt power acoustic amp and a couple of Type R's - sure thing no problem. Only problem is when your competition next to you in the same class is a CRX with sonotubes and 10kw of power. Then its kinda a waste of your time since you clearly cant be competitive against that. And I dont know how many people on here have been to DBdrag finals, but here is a good example of your competiton

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/snoopdan1/finals2006.jpg

crx's as far as the eye can see

cman0655555
09-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Did my first comp a few months ago at a MECA event. The guys were very helpful and didnt treat people like n00bs. At db drag events I have seen the judges treat people like crap and they act like they know everything. MECA ftw imo.

Yea man i think the thing that got me the most into meca was help not only from judges but also from fellow competitors. From the very first show i went to they made me feel like i belonged there, not like a noob. Of all the things i have done the guys in meca are probably the most down to earth and helpful bunch of ppl i have met. Plus its actually funn. So MECA FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Flipx99
09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
If it weren't for that blasted fuse rule, I would like MECA more.

My distro blocks aren't fused...so blah.

IIRC, doesn't MECA have a form of db drag...called drive-by?

You need fuses for that?

EDIT yes you do

Also, can't run 3 8s and a 50A fuse. No one makes a 49A use...gah

snoopdan
09-13-2007, 01:28 PM
drive by 5 is unfused, there are some higher classes like extreme that are unfused

MECA is also fun where we sometimes "make up" an event.....like redneck driveby (must only use country music), or Xtreme Deathmatch 2:00 of straight tones with average score, Super Port wars (where you can shove the mic as far in the port as you want), or Double Death Match (where you filp a coin for two sensor placements, weather it be in the Kick & head, or Port & Kick, or Port & Head)

djman37
09-13-2007, 01:30 PM
USACI is all that comes near me.

Flipx99
09-13-2007, 01:33 PM
drive by 5 is unfused, there are some higher classes like extreme that are unfused

MECA is also fun where we sometimes "make up" an event.....like redneck driveby (must only use country music), or Xtreme Deathmatch 2:00 of straight tones with average score, Super Port wars (where you can shove the mic as far in the port as you want), or Double Death Match (where you filp a coin for two sensor placements, weather it be in the Kick & head, or Port & Kick, or Port & Head)

That may be fun...

But like the PM says...

fuse rule > 8in subs until I find a 59A fuse.

Searching for a 55A though.

snoopdan
09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
That may be fun...

But like the PM says...

fuse rule > 8in subs until I find a 59A fuse.

Searching for a 55A though.

http://www.klenger.net/arctic-fox/solar/atc-fuses.gif

You could do eleven 5 amp ATC fuses in parallel and could get that easily. Thats exactly the method used by Prochobo last year at finals to get his world win in AS3...that crazy fool had a bank of atc fuse holders he bought at Autozone. worked like a charm :laugh:

Edit : and then just get a 12th ATC fuse holder and put a 3 amp fuse in it. Problem solved.

Flipx99
09-13-2007, 01:38 PM

You could do eleven 5 amp ATC fuses in parallel and could get that easily. Thats exactly the method used by Prochobo last year at finals to get his world win in AS3...that crazy fool had a bank of atc fuse holders he bought at Autozone. worked like a charm :laugh:

Edit : and then just get a 12th ATC fuse holder and put a 3 amp fuse in it. Problem solved.

page is blocked at work...

But I am curious how one would set this up. I'll take it to PMs

SPL140.2
09-30-2007, 06:18 PM
I love drags head to head eliminations, to bad there isnt enough events up here :( I used to like IASCA till they changed there rules (to much to say). TNESPL is new for us Northerners and Canadians and love it, rules are just amazing.

egg

prochobo
11-14-2007, 07:56 PM

Actually, that was at Casper after MECA implemented the no MAXI fuse rule. But yeah, what you do is get lots (like 10+) 10-12 gauge (lower is better) ATC fuse holders and crimp them into one ring terminal. I had to do 2 sets of 5 since it was much less of a hassle. Then mix up your fuses as you like! What's weird is, during Casper, I found out that I had a max of 100 amps of fuses. I started to use 10x 10amp fuses, but then I tried 5x 20amp fuses, and the 20 amps lasted a wee bit longer than the 10x 10amps even though there was half the wire for power to travel through. Even though the 20amps lasted longer and theoretically "choked" power, my score was .1db louder. That was on a tone, however. Drive-by is a different story with music and I found the 10x 10 amps to hold up better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/prochobo/190409178757_0_0.jpg

People were shitting themselves when they saw that lol.

To keep on topic, MECA all the way. I don't fancy having to have $10k+ of equipment and a certain type of car to place in top 10. MECA is much more friendly to the average car audio enthusiast and drive-by is **** fun! You don't need sponsors in MECA either; it seems everybody who is competitive in Db Drag has some sort of manufacturer help which the average enthusiast will have a hard time getting. Hell, I did extremely well last year and at Casper this year, but I still haven't found any sponsors :(. MECA is also very friendly, many fellow competitors are happy to lend a hand or give advice, especially the judges. BTW Dan, my vote is in :)

6spdcoupe
11-19-2007, 03:39 AM
The one that uses double blind fold judging for SQ classes.

bdawson72
11-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Usac FTW

6spdcoupe
11-19-2007, 04:11 AM
Usac FTW

You were here?

bumpin buick
11-19-2007, 04:14 AM
USACi is def the way to go.

Scoobydoo
11-19-2007, 04:15 AM
i chose meca cause i have no idea what any of them are really

vehementSPL
11-30-2007, 07:40 AM
I would say meca is my favorite although they almost change all the rules every year resulting in a rebuild for me grrrrr! bassrace might be another option but for now unless they totally revamp the rules next year again meca for me

Jdizzle
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
i likr NPSL...its the only organization thats around my area they have there own version of bassrace too

AudioAnonymous
12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I said to be competitive, not just to compete. Two totally different issues.

I mean, sure you can join up with dbdrag with a 1500 watt power acoustic amp and a couple of Type R's - sure thing no problem. Only problem is when your competition next to you in the same class is a CRX with sonotubes and 10kw of power. Then its kinda a waste of your time since you clearly cant be competitive against that. And I dont know how many people on here have been to DBdrag finals, but here is a good example of your competiton

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/snoopdan1/finals2006.jpg

crx's as far as the eye can see

So were you proven wrong when you said you needed a CRX to be compeitive in db drag?

There were Toyota Priuss doing 155's in STREET A this year at Finals. If you happen to look at the interior of a Prius you would notice they are not very SPL friendly. This just proves you can get any car loud with enough work and know-how.

stratusrt01
12-04-2007, 10:53 AM
nSPL is pretty good, just wish they enforced the rules more stringently.