PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done LED lighting modifications to their cars?

Hyperlite
07-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I've been looking into upgrading most, if not all, of the lighting in my car to LED's. I have found direct swap tail lights, signals, interior and panel lights from www.ledtronics.com, now i just have to do it. Anyone else done any LED upgrades? Only thing i can't find is headlights, but thats a whole different animal.

diminishedpower
07-08-2007, 06:01 PM
led in headlights are stupid and www.superbrightleds.com is better place imo

And yes i have changed mine

dbaudio
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
tekled does some retrofitting that makes it look like the LED's were installed by the factory on your taillights. Check them out as well.

spoonraker
07-08-2007, 06:24 PM
I changed all my interior lighting to LEDs.

Gauge cluster, under dash, in dash, courtesy lights, and even the ones that illuminate my license plate are green LEDs lol

It's not hard to do simple stuff like that, just find the right size and they fit in the factory location no problem.

Custom LED lighting is a bit more complicated, but really not difficult at all. Just need a 12v source, a switch, and bit of fabrication skills.

Hyperlite
07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
led in headlights are stupid and www.superbrightleds.com is better place imo

And yes i have changed mine

wow, superbrightleds is considerably cheaper...

djman37
07-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I changed all my interior lighting to LEDs.

Gauge cluster, under dash, in dash, courtesy lights, and even the ones that illuminate my license plate are green LEDs lol

It's not hard to do simple stuff like that, just find the right size and they fit in the factory location no problem.

Custom LED lighting is a bit more complicated, but really not difficult at all. Just need a 12v source, a switch, and bit of fabrication skills.

illegal in TX.:crap:

I guess the OP is aware LEDs have different voltages and it's not always a direct swap.

negativezeroz
07-10-2007, 02:48 PM
www.superbrightleds.com

interior domes (3) brake lights (4) reverse (2) license plate (1) trunk (1)

so everything except headlights and turns (didnt want to get a relay)

Hyperlite
07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
www.superbrightleds.com

interior domes (3) brake lights (4) reverse (2) license plate (1) trunk (1)

so everything except headlights and turns (didnt want to get a relay)

yep, about to do that. how do you like it?

Hyperlite
07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
illegal in TX.:crap:

I guess the OP is aware LEDs have different voltages and it's not always a direct swap.

the ones from ledtronics and superbrightleds are internally regulated.