PDA

View Full Version : New speakers installed but not satisfied

braids
07-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I installed the Diamond Audio Hex s600s components in my Scion tC. The only amp I got is an ol' Rockford Fosgate 400a4 and it was running the comps at 50watts each. I know that these are rated at 150w rms. I wasn't overall satisfied with the sound so for kicks I decided to eliminate the rear speakers and bridge the amp for the components.

The instructions on the amp stated that being bridged, the comps should be running at 200w each. The speakers are louder but not necessarily sounding better. It lacks some midbass I guess because I can hear the highs extremely well, but some of the lower vocals are still.....low in volume. Should I get a new amp if so what is recommended or should I just get new speakers? I listen to alot of RnB music, not alot of rap, just conventional true singing music. My HU is the Jensen 9020TS. The music I listen to is being played via a Omnifi DMP1 Media Hard Drive.

diminishedpower
07-08-2007, 12:13 AM
im not familiar with the diamond audio but does it have a tweeter settings on the crossover, turn it down and maybe it would even things out a little (btw tC's rock hard core)