PDA

View Full Version : Kicker DS60

greatwhite2006
07-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Would these be an improvement on my 1996 Saturn SL1 OEM speakers?

tbasile1
07-07-2007, 09:58 AM
anything would prolly be an improvement

those Kickers are okay

how much do you want to spend?

greatwhite2006
07-07-2007, 11:26 AM
~100 dollars. should i just wait until i have some more money saved up? I would be using these with a kicker s12l7, so i don't need anything with bass. Does anyone have a suggestion for a ~100, or if i save up, whats a good bang for your buck speaker?
Thanks

Louisiana_CRX
07-07-2007, 11:35 AM
~100 dollars. should i just wait until i have some more money saved up? I would be using these with a kicker s12l7, so i don't need anything with bass. Does anyone have a suggestion for a ~100, or if i save up, whats a good bang for your buck speaker?
Thanks

Good Bang for your back speaker? hmmm what about saving money and removing them...If they are in your rear deck your sub will vent through...Use your money and if you like Kicker....get a set of Kickers best componets for your front...and have them properly placed...for proper sound quality like in the kick panel....

tbasile1
07-07-2007, 12:52 PM
You could save up for a nice 6.5 comp set amped up front, which would be really nice and would be better

OR

If you dont want to wait or save up, Infinity 6.5 coaxials are pretty cheap online and sound pretty good!!

greatwhite2006
07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
bang for your buck not back, but i never thought of taking them out, good idea.

bootzilla
07-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Would these be an improvement on my 1996 Saturn SL1 OEM speakers?

Signed up for the forum just to give you a heads-up about these speakers, I have them right now:

a) You can get them a lot cheaper then 100 bucks. Here is an example http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3574_Kicker+DS60.html

b) They are better than stock speakers, and they aren't awful, but they need a LOT of EQ help to sound good. The tweeters are very peaky in the upper mids - I had to EQ the crap put of them to get them to sound decent, then once I did, I could turn them up and the mid-bass would fill in a bit. If your stock stereo doesn't have a lot of adjustments, you might not be able to get these to sound good.

I'd keep looking. For a few bucks more than the Sonic price on the DS60, you could go Infinity, JBL or Polk and possibly get a better sound (listen at a shop, if you can), or if you want to drop around 100 on coax speakers, you could do even better - like a CDT or Boston or something like that - shop around.

I am currently looking for shallow-mount speakers to replace my DS60's - If I do, I'd just about be willing to send you my kickers for the cost of shipping so you can check them out for yourself - I just can't decide what to get....

Hope that helps a little.

greatwhite2006
07-15-2007, 03:51 AM
PM sent

krisfnbz
07-15-2007, 03:31 PM
get a set of cdts for 100 shipped at woofersetc.com, one of the best speakers u can buy for ur money..prob get them on here for 80 used. GREAT bang for the buck