PDA

View Full Version : I start my box tomorrow

TheGreatMonkey
07-07-2007, 03:06 AM
So after looking around and what not, i've decided to go with a 5.5 cu ft net @ 34Hz for 2 Kicker L7 12". My box is 45x15x22. With a port width of 5.75 and Port Area of 77.625 square inches. Along with 25.5" port length. So does this look alright? But anyways, this is my 1st time building a box. Knowing me, i'll probably screw something up lol.

05gliguy
07-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Sounds good... Why didn't you want to make them in seperate chambers with their own port? Not enough room?

TheGreatMonkey
07-08-2007, 03:04 AM
I never started my box yet due to the fact I got called into work. So i'll be starting early in the morning. Now what will I need to hold this box together? I have have 3" screws that have a dual grip. A large one and then a small one. Then I have some carpenters glue. Will there be anything else that I need?

blackbonnie
07-08-2007, 08:56 AM
silicone sealant for the inside edges, and corners.

TheGreatMonkey
07-11-2007, 10:36 PM
So today I was finally able to cut my piece out. Due to the fact that almost everytime I tried to cut my pieces, it would rain. So then today I decided to take cut the pieces at my work, in the carpentry shop. So I cut the top and bottom. It didn't go so well with them. They are the same size but since I was doing it by myself, I have a little dip in one of them. I hope this don't affect anything. Then I start cutting my other pieces and notice that I won't be able to make one piece. So yeah. So either tomorrow or Fri, i'll go buy another sheet and make the piece and maybe redo that other piece with the dip in it. What I mean by dip is, the edge has the dip. It was really hard keeping it right up to the fence when your working by yourself. I'll get pics of how the box is right away. Batteries are almost done recharging.