PDA

View Full Version : How to wire comps to amp??

EnvEe 02
07-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Ok so I have my comps installed already but they arent hooked up to my amp. They are connected to my headunit and the crossovers are both connected. This weekend im going to wire them to the amp. Is there only one set of wires from the crossovers to the amp, or do I have to wire the speaker and tweeter individually to the amp? Thanks!

siuvinson
07-07-2007, 01:12 AM
its not rocket science....

look at the crossover. its probably got indications of "woofer", "tweeter" and "in"...or something like that. send the speaker wire from the "woofer" connections to the woofers...send the speaker wire from the "tweeter" connections to the tweeter... and send the speaker wire from the "in" connections to the output channel connections of the amp. then just connect your RCA cable from the output of your headunit to the input of your amp. done...

and use some deadener on your doors...comps are pretty useless without deadening.

EnvEe 02
07-07-2007, 01:17 AM
thank siuvinson, i realize its not rocket science however ive never done it before so I dont wanna f*ck somehting up. I also havent opened the door panels to take a look at whats in there. Just wanted to clear everything up before I started tinkering with things.