PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Box

Hawaiian
02-26-2003, 02:58 AM
I am away from my car right now (on break back home) and I am trying to estimate the amount of space (lxwxh) I have in my trunk for a box. Anyone with a mustang (the newer ones mine is a 2000) know the specs for my trunk?

Thanks

ss3079
02-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Talk to SoundsUnlimited and snitchelgrooven...I think they have a ~95/96 and a 2002, respectivley.

- Steve

SoundsUnlimited
02-27-2003, 01:29 PM
Go measure your trunk for your car...Then give me the measuremnts I can tell ya what u have to work with..Cause I dont know about the new cars..I have a 1995 mustang..And the new mustangs have an upgraded trunk from the former model! Lengthxheightxwidth...Then i can give u the Cubes u have to work with!

Blake

Tungsten
02-27-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SoundsUnlimited
Go measure your trunk for your car...Then give me the measuremnts I can tell ya what u have to work with..Cause I dont know about the new cars..I have a 1995 mustang..And the new mustangs have an upgraded trunk from the former model! Lengthxheightxwidth...Then i can give u the Cubes u have to work with!

Blake

The 1994-2002 cars have identical trunk space. ;)

Diabolic
03-03-2003, 01:45 PM
I drive a 2000 Mustang and the trunk space isn't that large, but with molded fiberglass boxes - such as I have resorted to building at the present time - you can achieve quite a bit of air space and still have some room left over.

If you are going with a more standard wood/MDF enclosure, you will probably find (as I did) that boxes must compensate for the small trunk opening. I originally built a box for three 10's and had to slant the face to reduce overall height and slide the box in through the rear seat opening, then screw in the top-firing sub afterwards; a real pain in the butt and I couldn't even turn the box around to fire the subs backwards, so it was unacceptable for anything beyond a "casual" install.

Although I can't tell you the precise dimensions, I *highly* recommend molded enclosures.