PDA

View Full Version : right speaker keeps cutting out!

ntense702
07-05-2007, 02:45 AM
as the title says my right speaker keeps cutting out, the odd thing is is it only does so when I turn my epicenter bass knob up.

already played with HU settings, swapped amps, adjusted gains, reran rca cables, checked wiring.

the wierd thing is is all has been well for over a year with this setup the way it is and all of a sudden the right speaker just cut out and has been giving me hell since. I have noticed that it only gives me problems when I turn up the epicenter knob but can't figure out why it would do that since the epicenter has nothing to do with the speakers, what do you guys think? any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

ntense702
07-05-2007, 03:01 AM
bump, need your help on this guys...

konechiwa
07-05-2007, 03:20 AM
it could be shorting out. But that has nothing to do with your epicenter bass knob.

Maybe the knob is faulty?

ntense702
07-05-2007, 03:28 AM
it could be shorting out. But that has nothing to do with your epicenter bass knob.

Maybe the knob is faulty?

the only thing I can think (though I really have no explanation for it) is I have my sub rcas ran to the epicenter, then to my crossover, and another set of rcas for the mid range ran directly to the crossover, maybe the crossover is somehow messing up, since the subwoofer and mid inputs are close by, I am going to try unplugging the epicenter bass knob, then try unwiring the crossover and see if that helps. Any other thoughts on this?

btw, thanks for your input konechiwa.

ntense702
07-05-2007, 04:01 AM
bump

ntense702
07-05-2007, 07:52 AM
meh

dleccord
07-05-2007, 09:20 AM
swap another mid/speaker in and see if it still persists.