PDA

View Full Version : question about tweeters

BRZguy
07-04-2007, 05:03 AM
hey guys, im planning to go active when the 9887 come out. i have a question about the tweeters i have tho. im not sure but do tweeters have a rms and max watts? i cant find anything related how much watts my tweeters can handle. i dont want to blow them. this is the only info i can find on the web. i still lots to learn, so if you can help me out that be great. thanks
* Impedance: 4 Ohm
* Sensitivity: 93 dB 1W/1m
* Frequency range: 820 Hz - 25 kHz
* Resonanace frequency: 820 Hz
* 25 mm vented high end tweeter with drilled 2,5 mm neodyme plate
* 25 mm silk dome
* coupling volume 18 ccm, filled with 1,1 g of damping wool

adam71
07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't worry about the MAX wattage rating anyway. When a speaker mfg rates a speaker's max wattage is only for peaks or split second bursts of power. By no means does that mean you should pick an amp based on PEAK or MAX ratings of a driver. When pairing an amp with drivers the only thing you should match are the RMS ratings of the amp and the speakers.

Louisiana_CRX
07-04-2007, 12:56 PM
What brand tweeters are they?

BRZguy
07-04-2007, 02:56 PM
they're helix
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3592

BRZguy
07-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't worry about the MAX wattage rating anyway. When a speaker mfg rates a speaker's max wattage is only for peaks or split second bursts of power. By no means does that mean you should pick an amp based on PEAK or MAX ratings of a driver. When pairing an amp with drivers the only thing you should match are the RMS ratings of the amp and the speakers.

thanks. i just want to make sure im not giving the tweeter too much power.