PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow GERMANIUM tweets VS. Rainbow CMX 265 tweets

Latina33
07-02-2007, 11:27 PM
I just wanted to get some opinions on the tweeters of both of the sets in the title.

I listen to mostly rock/metal, and I like a crisp, clean, detailed tweeter, but one that isn't too harsh like many metal tweeters seem to be. I currently have a set of SLC 265 Kicks, and while I like the tweeter in this set, it's not quite a sharp and crisp as I'd like it to be. The Kickbass mids are definitely a nice touch.

Does anyone have experience with both the CMX CAL25 tweets, and the Tweets from the Germs, that cares to comment on comparisons between the two.

I will be giving whichever set I decide on 200W a side.

tmoney
07-03-2007, 07:08 AM
i have the cmx's and the tweets are pretty clear and loud. they are bright, but not harsh imo. havent heard the germs yet.

Latina33
07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
i have the cmx's and the tweets are pretty clear and loud. they are bright, but not harsh imo. havent heard the germs yet.

Thanks for the response, Tmoney. That's pretty much what kind of sound I'm looking for. I'll be getting my CMX's in this week, and will have the CAL25 tweets installed over the next few days. I'm anxious to hear them after having the 2045 silk tweets in the SLC set for a while.

DejaWiz
07-03-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting your compare/contrast between the two.

tmoney
07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
wat kind of power u plan on feeding them.

bluehaze
07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I just wanted to get some opinions on the tweeters of both of the sets in the title.

I listen to mostly rock/metal, and I like a crisp, clean, detailed tweeter, but one that isn't too harsh like many metal tweeters seem to be. I currently have a set of SLC 265 Kicks, and while I like the tweeter in this set, it's not quite a sharp and crisp as I'd like it to be. The Kickbass mids are definitely a nice touch.

Does anyone have experience with both the CMX CAL25 tweets, and the Tweets from the Germs, that cares to comment on comparisons between the two.

I will be giving whichever set I decide on 200W a side.

Pretty sure the Germ's come with a CAL 25 tweet so if that is what also comes with the CMX I would venture to guess the tweet will sound exactly the same! I think you have to move up to the Profi's to get the next best Tweet in the line. I like the Cal 25 tweet for rap/r&b but it can be a bit harsh for rock.

slick rick
07-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I believe the Germ cal25 tweet is different than the CMX set...

6spdcoupe
07-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Pretty sure the Germ's come with a CAL 25 tweet so if that is what also comes with the CMX I would venture to guess the tweet will sound exactly the same! I think you have to move up to the Profi's to get the next best Tweet in the line. I like the Cal 25 tweet for rap/r&b but it can be a bit harsh for rock.

Theres CAL25 Silk (Germaniums) and CAL25 Ti (CMX) so no, they wouldnt sound the same as they are two different tweets.

tmoney
07-04-2007, 10:16 AM
so the cal25 ti is brighter than the silk. but i guess both sounds good.

3.5Max6spd
07-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Cal25VOf in the Germanium tweeter is a superior tweeter than that of the CMX's, no question about it.

Its housed with accoustic volume in the backplate/chambered-should lend to smoother frequency response, can play lower and can be crossed lower without hearing grain and chance of damaging the tweeter.

tmoney
07-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Cal25VOf in the Germanium tweeter is a superior tweeter than that of the CMX's, no question about it.

Its housed with accoustic volume in the backplate/chambered-should lend to smoother frequency response, can play lower and can be crossed lower without hearing grain and chance of damaging the tweeter.

superior!!!! ****, i want some germs now.

Latina33
07-04-2007, 04:47 PM

Thanks for clarifying that....I guess I should've clarified in my original post that I was hoping to get some comparisons on the sound between the Germ SILK tweets and the CMX 265 CAL25's Ti's.

I know that the Germ Silk tweets are made of better quality and specs, I was just wondering how both measured up as far as sound....like if the Germ silk tweet could play just as crisp and bright as the CMX tweet, or not quite as sharp because of the silk composition.

I actually wasn't aware that the Germaniums had an option of either a CAL25 silk or CAL25 Titanium tweeter. That option just makes them that much sweeter. :yumyum: