PDA

View Full Version : What material behind stock grey metal grilles?

kombos
07-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Have grey metal grilles on my Silverado and I'd like to more effectively black out
the drivers behind them. Suggestions on what to use? Some type of thin open cell foam?

Thanks.......

jellyfish420
07-01-2007, 04:07 PM
wrap them in grill cloth.... duh:rolleyes:

kombos
07-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Want it just on the backside.

Would you just spray adhesive on the metal backs and lay grille cloth in there?

Prowler573
07-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Are you talking about putting some kind of material behind the grill in the middle of the front of the truck?
Thus severely restricting (if not completely eliminating) the airflow through the radiator?

If so might I suggest that what you're planning is a really bad idea? Especially coming into summertime??

kombos
07-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Are you talking about putting some kind of material behind the grill in the middle of the front of the truck?
Thus severely restricting (if not completely eliminating) the airflow through the radiator?

If so might I suggest that what you're planning is a really bad idea? Especially coming into summertime??

Ha ha...yeah over 110F here in Phoenix now.

No.....I have a Silverado truck with metal speaker grilles in the doors. I'm installing component speakers behind these factory metal mesh grilles and the drivers are still somewhat visible behind them. I don't want to put anything else over the front side of the grilles but am interested in something that would make the speaker drivers behind them less visible.

Sorry for the confusion.

Prowler573
07-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Aahhhh.....

That makes considerably better sense than what I thought you meant. :laugh:

My bad, dude - I was truly hoping you weren't as foolish as it was seeming ~ apparently I'm the foolish one. ;)

kombos
07-01-2007, 04:36 PM
LOL....thanks for trying ;)

helotaxi
07-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Yes, spray adhesive will work fine to hold the grill cloth to the back of the grill.

kombos
07-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks.