PDA

View Full Version : Fake Focals????

uzy
07-01-2007, 12:42 PM
hey

is there any way i can check to see if a focal speaker is fake from just pictures???

Louisiana_CRX
07-01-2007, 12:46 PM
not really...theres a lot of that fake crap...grey market...etc floating around...cheap pyramid quality knock offs....You can tell once you get them in hand though...very easy to tell the fakes from the real deal...

req
07-01-2007, 12:48 PM
i know that DLS has a page on their website that details the differences.

i couldnt find anything about the focals tho.

Hoodlum007
07-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Some will say check the serial number and if it has been scratched off it is fake, this is not a good way to tell since most of the Focal sold on the internet is authentic but without serial numbers to avoid detection and getting sources cut from Focal. Focal sold on the net will most likely be authentic but with the serial numbers removed since Focal does not authorize internet sales and the selling of the products below MSRP.

The best way to tell is to compare the speaker in question to a authentic unit and see if you have any major differances, the other way is to listen to the speaker, you should notice a world of differance between the fake and authentic speaker as far as fidelity and SQ.

WhoSayWho?
07-01-2007, 05:36 PM
The best way to tell is to compare the speaker in question to a authentic unit and see if you have any major differances, the other way is to listen to the speaker, you should notice a world of differance between the fake and authentic speaker as far as fidelity and SQ.

Yeah, I hear the fake ones are really harsh.

uzy
07-02-2007, 06:19 AM
well im going to buy off ebay, i think they are real since they have the focal box and the guy seems to have the correct kit to run them and is also selling it, so by looking and his other items for sale which are DLS A5 amps, diamond TDX subs i guess this guy knows his kit and wouldnt be buying fake stuff

Hoodlum007
07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
who is the seller and what is his feedback on ebay?