PDA

View Full Version : are rainbows really worth the money?

armstrong
06-29-2007, 06:56 AM
ok i'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to drop $220 on a pair of 6.5" slc's. i could get a pair of pg rsd's or something else cheap plus an amp for the price of just the rainbows. are the slc's really worth their price tag or should i just go with something cheaper such as the rsds or something else cheap, but decent?

PremierAudio
06-29-2007, 07:27 AM
It really depends on how discriminating your ears really are and how much your money matters. I know this sounds obvious but, if you are finding it hard to push for the SLCs and feel that you could live with something of lesser quality/performance, then stick with the PGs.

XHiFiX
06-29-2007, 07:35 AM
Rainbows are well worth the money. There's something about German engineering..they make great cars and they make awesome speakers too haha. I've used the SLX and SLCs and they were very impressive. I can't imagine how much better sound you'd get when you go up their line (germ, profi, plat, ref.)

azbass
06-29-2007, 07:37 AM
meh

grampi
06-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Rainbows are well worth the money. There's something about German engineering..they make great cars and they make awesome speakers too haha. I've used the SLX and SLCs and they were very impressive. I can't imagine how much better sound you'd get when you go up their line (germ, profi, plat, ref.)

I don't about the great cars thing. They sure look nice, but they aren't nearly as reliable as Japanese cars.

JoeHemi57
06-29-2007, 09:03 AM
I've ran a lot of higher end comps in the past and i'm perfectly happy with the rsd's even without a good source unit(factory deck to loc to amp).

armstrong
06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
any more opinions?

RidgelineNate
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I love my cmx 265s...they are worth every penny. I have never heard rsds though. They are better than my JL XRs I ran before them.

headless
06-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I loved my rainbow germaniums so much the only possible upgrade i could imagine to them was the rainbow power line CS. Haven't heard the SLC's but i can tell you that i have been extremely impressed by every Rainbow product i've heard (from subs, to Germanium to Profi line and up to Power Line CS)

XaznKewLguyX
06-29-2007, 03:45 PM
IMO.. if you have a good head unit or EQ with lots of tuning options you can make any component set sound pretty good. I upgraded my old school mbquarts to SLC 265kicks and they sound almost alike but the rainbows of course do sound better, are much more musical, and get louder without being harsh.

Latina33
06-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I currently have SLC 265 Kicks, and I really enjoy them. The detail and quality of sound reproduction is very accurate and clear. I'll be adding a CAL25 tweeter set soon, which should make them sound even BETTER! :)

NYR36
06-29-2007, 03:47 PM
To answer your question, they better be. I have a set of SLCs in my room waiting to be installed.

WhoSayWho?
06-29-2007, 04:14 PM
To answer your question, they better be. I have a set of SLCs in my room waiting to be installed.

Nice answer.

armstrong
06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
i'm torn between the two guys! either buy a nice set of comps and get an amp later on or get a pretty good set of comps and save a bunch of money and still be able to get an amp? tough call right here.

Latina33
06-29-2007, 04:39 PM
i'm torn between the two guys! either buy a nice set of comps and get an amp later on or get a pretty good set of comps and save a bunch of money and still be able to get an amp? tough call right here.

Get the SLC 265 Kicks, you won't be sorry. I actually might sell my slightly used set in the next few days. I've moved over to the CMX set with the titanium tweeter.

DejaWiz
06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Get the SLC 265 Kicks, you won't be sorry. I actually might sell my slightly used set in the next few days. I've moved over to the CMX set with the titanium tweeter.

CAL25Titan's. Mmmmmm. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Latina33
06-29-2007, 05:46 PM
CAL25Titan's. Mmmmmm. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

LOL What's up, man! Yeah, can't wait to swap those out with my silk tweets, and leave the Kick's in the doors. I think I might actually be done upgrading/swapping for a while after I'm done with that. :fro: