PDA

View Full Version : sonos

Max_Power
06-29-2007, 03:41 AM
I came back from one of the nicer home audio/video places here, and listened to a salesman talk about this sonos thing. I must say I was impresed. Its a really user friendly slick little system that I would love to have.

Not really a question here, but thought I'd shine some light on it, if no one else knew about it. I think I saw it in Home Theater mag sometime, but never paid much attention. The only clear drawback is that the whole system can get expensive quick (like almost all electronics :blackeye: ). The guy said the company, sonos, wont let any retailer sel for less, or more than directly from the company, so it doesnt reall matter where you buy it. He also said that best buy should be stocking it soon too.

I think its worth a look. :)

http://www.sonos.com/

joetama
06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
If I am looking at the same thing that you are... It looks like a iPod on steroids...

ballstothewall
06-29-2007, 08:32 PM
It looks like a iPod on steroids...

Agreed.

joetama
06-29-2007, 10:01 PM
I wonder if it gets angry and kills your family like some things on steroids?

ballstothewall
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
I wonder if it gets angry and kills your family like some things on steroids?

Now that would be an interesting trick for a piece of audio equipment.

Max_Power
06-29-2007, 11:03 PM
kinda like an ipod, only it uses online music servers to play music. every room you have one of the "bases"(powered/unpowered) can play a different thing (up to 3 I believe) with independant volume control. It also links to a network attached computer and uses its music/video stockpile.

I dont think it has the ability to kill its users though.

ballstothewall
06-29-2007, 11:15 PM
I dont think it has the ability to kill its users though.

****, there goes my idea as giving it as a gift...

phyphoestilic
06-29-2007, 11:23 PM
lol, its really basic. Each of those little stations just acts as a seperate compter on the network. All they do is go on ur computer and play music thro LAN, thats why each "station thing" can play different songs.

Max_Power
06-29-2007, 11:50 PM
lol, its really basic. Each of those little stations just acts as a seperate compter on the network. All they do is go on ur computer and play music thro LAN, thats why each "station thing" can play different songs.

I was refering to different songs off the online servers

joetama
06-30-2007, 12:05 AM
****, there goes my idea as giving it as a gift...

Safe to get then... Good....