PDA

View Full Version : CDT Cl-60 6.5 Comps (need advice)!!!

EnvEe 02
06-27-2007, 08:43 PM
OK so im looking for a new set of comps to run off my RF Power551s. It does
140wx2 @ 4ohms. Im not looking to spend too much but I want something that will be loud enough to not be drowned out by my sub. I dont really want to spend much, around $150. I was looking at the CDT CL-60's. No idea how good these are but they seem like they would work. Any input on these.

If you could throw a few other sets at me that would work with the amount of power I have that would be great. Thanks!

djdilliodon
06-27-2007, 09:36 PM
While its a decent set with the power you have the tweeters may cut out due to the xovers protection circuit. It doesnt happen all the time but if it does to you it can be a real PITA. Most $150 sets youll have to baby a bit with that power or set the HP filter on the high side. If you get the set just be sure to keep the gain down. Personally id spend more and get something better. Do it right the first time :)

EnvEe 02
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
thanks for the advice. I just dont feel like searching thru all of the brands out there. I have no problem spending more money. Any suggestions on a good set to go with?

Hoodlum007
06-27-2007, 11:01 PM
i am using the CL61's and love them, i can give them upwards of 150 watts rms with no problems at all. spend the extra few dollars and get the cl61's

djdilliodon
06-28-2007, 12:44 AM
thanks for the advice. I just dont feel like searching thru all of the brands out there. I have no problem spending more money. Any suggestions on a good set to go with?

for about 100 bux more id get a set of the hd-62's :)