PDA

View Full Version : 10 inch subs used for "loud speakers"

alpinetypeR
06-26-2007, 11:10 PM
so this guy comes into best buy today and says i need 4 "loud speakers"...im like ????? and he laughs at me and says you dont know what "LS" are and im like what are you talking about??

i was like radio shack might have them but i dont think we carry them here...

he says "you should try out a different department, boss." (he was black:fro: -no im not racist)

he was like i need 4 10in loud speakers for my van...i want 4 p1's to use just for vocal....

i said those are subs used for bass only, but you could get vocal out of them but it wouldnt sound bad...i actually said " you could do that if you want people to actually walk away from your car":laugh:

he still bought four of them...i bet ill see him in soon returning them...

mikescanlon
06-26-2007, 11:15 PM
black people and thier shenanigans.

loud speakers are sold like on the internet or few music stores, and generally in 12's not 10's.

10 inch loud speakers are like for kids.

lame black guy.

alpinetypeR
06-26-2007, 11:18 PM
black people and thier shenanigans.

loud speakers are sold like on the internet or few music stores, and generally in 12's not 10's.

10 inch loud speakers are like for kids.

lame black guy.

stop making me look racist lol

loud speaker= something a police officer holds yo tell you to get out of the car

Worlddre
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
i dont see why his race mattered at all in this story personally

jdawg
06-26-2007, 11:22 PM
well p1's sound like **** so wether they are for loudspeakers, vocal, car subs, home subs, or on my daughters powerwheels they are still going to ****

bdawson72
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
i dont see why his race mattered at all in this story personally

It didnt

They're racists :fyi:

mikescanlon
06-26-2007, 11:38 PM
i am not racist, i was joking around.

he want's a PA speaker?

thats not a loudspeaker. what a tool that guy.

i hate people that try to make you feel like you dont know anything, and really they dont know anything either.

alpinetypeR
06-26-2007, 11:42 PM
so this guy comes into best buy today and says i need 4 "loud speakers"...im like ????? and he laughs at me and says you dont know what "LS" are and im like what are you talking about??

i was like radio shack might have them but i dont think we carry them here...

he says "you should try out a different department, boss." (he was black:fro: -no im not racist)

he was like i need 4 10in loud speakers for my van...i want 4 p1's to use just for vocal....

i said those are subs used for bass only, but you could get vocal out of them but it wouldnt sound bad...i actually said " you could do that if you want people to actually walk away from your car":laugh:

he still bought four of them...i bet ill see him in soon returning them...

thats why i referred to him being black. thats all

helotaxi
06-27-2007, 09:07 AM
A loudspeaker is any device that transforms an electrical sound signal into an mechanical one whether it's a sub, a tweeter, a bullhorn or what-have-you

He wanted a pro audio midrange, he just didn't know enough about the difference between a sub and a midrange and assumed that all 10" speakers play the same set of frequencies well. He was probably looking at his friend's setup with the 10" Eminence drivers in the back for midrange.