PDA

View Full Version : Matching drivers with crossovers...

RAM_Designs
06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
What exactly should I be looking for? Since I have absolutely nothing in my truck right now (thanks to whoever stole everything of mine), I've been thinking about doing a custom 3-way set using these dayton crossovers (http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-152) from partsexpress.

I'm wanting to do a pair of 4" mids in each door, pair of tweets in each a-pillar, and then throw an 8" midbass in the kicks. I'm really not that worried about the midbass, but how should I go about looking for "matching" mids and tweets? Is it as simple as matching sensitivity ratings since the crossover is geared for 8ohm mid and tweeter loads?

Can anyone with some experience in this please chime in? If you had $400-$500 to spend on raw drivers, what'd you get?

alphakenny1
06-26-2007, 09:53 PM
just fyi, you should put the midbass in your doors and midranges in kicks for better staging and imaging.

for information on raw drivers, head over to diymobileaudio.com. plenty of info regarding raw drivers as long as you use the search button ;).