PDA

View Full Version : Need brake pads suggestions

lil azn 06
06-26-2007, 02:07 AM
I have an LS Integra that i dont take to the track. I currently have EBC Reds on the car and now they are worn out as well as the rotors. I just got some Stoptech slotted rotors and now i am wondering what kind of pads i should get. I am on a budget, but i will spend the necessary money if it calls for it.

My mind was set on getting another pair of EBC Reds since they brake real good, but they are expensive right now at $75 shipped and are rotor eaters. How are the EBC Greens? HAWK HPS?

Lastly, i just visited Autozone and they are selling Semi Metallic pads for $20 bucks with a lifetime warranty. As long as i bring them in before they get completely worn out, they will replace them. Any experience with these pads? I read they were crappy but this was from the Honda Tech forum ... :crap:

Thoughts?

Thanks

tapout
06-26-2007, 02:10 AM
I have the AZ pads on the wifes minivan. They are good for the price. I have to replace 3 times a year but she drives 120 miles a day. If you just drive normal I would say go for it. If you do any type of hard braking I wouldnt. They also emit the brake dust more.

lil azn 06
06-26-2007, 02:38 AM
More brake dust than the EBCs Reds? Those pads throw out the most dust ive seen. Thought Autozone brakes were basically oem style. At $20 bucks i cant complain, but there are those times when hard braking is necessary. So you wouldnt suggest them?

tapout
06-26-2007, 02:41 AM
if you are not racing with them and just daily driving with the occasional hard brake they will be fine if you can handle the dust.

lil azn 06
06-26-2007, 03:33 AM
How much dust we talking about? Like black rims in like a week or less with your wifes car and driving 120 miles a day?

Lunchbocks
06-26-2007, 02:03 PM
I've used EBC Green Stuff and been happy. Actually, for a street only car I'd probably choose them over the Reds. Probably would have gone with a drilled or dimpled rotor to avoid the chopping from slotted in a street car but thats just me.