PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry programming??

Twistid
06-25-2007, 05:43 PM
im getting a new OEM keyless entry remote for my car... it says it includes programming instructions, but i want to know how to do it before hand...

any help? thx

(i lost my old remote :p )

Rich B
06-25-2007, 05:47 PM
It would help if you say what kind of vehicle it is.
:)

Twistid
06-25-2007, 06:30 PM
95 merc sable :)

Rich B
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
From this link-
http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic173470.htm

These instructions will work on Sable models, 93 - 95:

Turn ignition to RUN or ACC. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in LR quarter panel area. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

These instructions will work on Sable models 96 - 97:

Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Hope it works for you!
:)

Twistid
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
hey thanks, but what does the programming connector look like?

i actually tried the on off 5 times in 10 seconds one, but it dident work :( (obviously) lol...

Twistid
06-25-2007, 06:41 PM
also what is jumping the pins?

supa_c
06-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Anyone know how to re program the drivers door buttons with the numbers on them ?
04 merc marauder btw

Twistid
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
ok i found out its a box in the trunk, but how do i "jump the pins"

it has 2 harnesses connected to it

Rich B
06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter Reprogramming

1. Locate the 2-pin RKE programming connector. Refer to RKE Programming Connector Location list below.

2. Turn ignition switch to the RUN position.

3. Using a jumper wire or alligator clip momentarily short the two terminals within the 2-pin program connector. On Econoline models you will need to short these terminals for the duration of the reprogramming procedure. The doors will lock then unlock on all models except Contour and Mystique. On Contour and Mystique models only the horn will sound and the exterior lights will flash.

4. Press any button on the remote keyless entry transmitter. All doors will lock then unlock to verify transmitter has been programmed. The horn will sound and the exterior lights will flash on the Contour and Mystique.

NOTE: Programming in the first transmitter will erase all other previously programmed transmitters. All transmitters that are to operate with the vehicle (up to four transmitters) must be programmed during Steps 4 and 5.

5. Repeat Step 4 for any additional remote transmitters to be reprogrammed.

6. Turn ignition switch OFF. All doors should lock then unlock. On Contour and Mystique models the horn will sound and the exterior lights will flash.

7. Remove short (Econoline models only).

8. Install any trim previously removed.

9. Verify transmitter operation.

RKE Programming Connector Location
The Two-Pin RKE Programming Connector Is Located;

Taurus/Sable Wagons - behind the left side trim panel inside the cargo area. Remove the trim panel for access to the connector.

Taurus/Sable Sedans - Under the left side of the package tray.

Twistid
06-25-2007, 06:56 PM
nevermind it has 3 harnesses, i put wires between the pins to "jump them" nothing is working, this is ****ing gay

Twistid
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
ok i found the 2 pin harness thing, i turn the ignition to run and put something between it, but nothing works, its being ****ing gay and pissing me off